Menu

Rep?? Anyone else notice that they are not moving up when they get rep?

You will not get another square until 700, but you still count for one more point. You can rep me and I will verify that for you. ;)

So it skips 600? :confused:

I will rep you later, I am all out from last night.:001_smile:

Maybe, the lighter green squares at that stage count for 200 a piece rather than the 100 a piece for the darker ones. Oooohhh, did I just figure something out? Wow, and no coffee yet either. Cool!:lol:

Yes, the lighter greens seem to be worth 200, but you still count for one more point when you give rep.

So it skips 600? :confused:

Right. You won't get a square for hitting 600, but your rep will be worth more points.

I noticed the same thing about rep last night. There were a couple of people who I repped, expecting them to move up, but they didn't budge. I think that can happen if the person ahead of you has a good deal more than you do. For instance Aubrey is directly ahead of Lolly right now. Let's say Aubrey has 550 points, and Lolly has 525. If I give Lolly 10, she'll still be behind Aubrey, you know? Lolly would need to get rep from a couple more people to pass Aubrey.

This was all a lot more predictable when we were all only worth a point or two. But now it's moving along at quite a clip because so many people are giving out higher doses at a time.

Okay, I've got to get back to work now. :auto:

You know, when I first started posting on these boards, I had no idea what rep was, and I still don't quite get how the green squares work, but...

Now I'm a rep JUNKIE!

I totally agree, and have to look first thing when I come to check-in. I did see I got my first neg. rep point or neutral, there is nothing stated next to it and it's not green. It was for why we chose to home school so not sure how that happened but okay. I want some green dots for sure .:001_smile::D

You are a smartie Melissa...And thank you. I've got a fresh new greenie last night.:D

Test me too. Elaine...You are on my list, I'll be sorting peas around five today...We need a list makin smilie. :)

Maybe, the lighter green squares at that stage count for 200 a piece rather than the 100 a piece for the darker ones. Oooohhh, did I just figure something out? Wow, and no coffee yet either. Cool!:lol:

Right. You won't get a square for hitting 600, but your rep will be worth more points.

This was all a lot more predictable when we were all only worth a point or two. But now it's moving along at quite a clip because so many people are giving out higher doses at a time.

:auto:

Higher Doses :lol::lol::lol:, like it's an addictive drug or something like that. :001_huh::leaving:

You are a smartie Melissa...And thank you. I've got a fresh new greenie last night.:D

Test me too. Elaine...You are on my list, I'll be sorting peas around five today...We need a list makin smilie. :)

I'll catch you later! You and Mindy.:D And anyone else who wants to use me for rep. Fairweather friends.:glare:

:lol::lol::lol:

OK, so I have been inching toward 100 to try and get a second green pea. Is my goal accurate? Will I finally get another little greenie if I get to 100? I thought that was the way it worked??? :001_huh:

Yes, when you hit 100, you get another point. I'll put you on my list.:001_smile:

I totally agree, and have to look first thing when I come to check-in. I did see I got my first neg. rep point or neutral, there is nothing stated next to it and it's not green. It was for why we chose to home school so not sure how that happened but okay. I want some green dots for sure .:001_smile::D

When new people give rep, it doesn't show up as positive until they've posted 50 times. Also, the new posters forget to sign sometimes when they weren't trying to be anon.

Chelle

I'll trade with you! :001_smile:

Why do people (or maybe it's only one person) always feel the need to rate threads that have anything to do with rep "terriible"? That's been a mystery to me, and I wonder if there's a theory to explain it.:confused:

I know, that always kind of cracks me up!

I'll catch you later! You and Mindy.:D And anyone else who wants to use me for rep. Fairweather friends.:glare:

:seeya:Oh, me, me! I'll be happy to be your fairweather friend Elaine! :w00t: Well, I'll be your friend otherwise too, I was just lured in by the promise of R-E-P! :tongue_smilie:

Oh, Elaine, that just happened to me yesterday! I had over 600 and I was wondering why I didn't have another square!

Why do people (or maybe it's only one person) always feel the need to rate threads that have anything to do with rep "terriible"? That's been a mystery to me, and I wonder if there's a theory to explain it.:confused:
I never think of stars and rating threads until I see a thread with 1 or 2 stars. Then I look to see, and yep, it's usually one having to to with rep. I think it's because they feel talking about rep is "abusing the system." In my mind, I thought giving and sharing and enjoying, appreciating and encouraging each other is what the system is about???! To me that's what these threads are doing!

When new people give rep, it doesn't show up as positive until they've posted 50 times. Also, the new posters forget to sign sometimes when they weren't trying to be anon.

Chelle

So if you don't write anything on the rep form it comes out as neutral? I am glad I like to write. :) I thought you just had to click the "positive" dot.

I never think of stars and rating threads until I see a thread with 1 or 2 stars. Then I look to see, and yep, it's usually one having to to with rep. I think it's because they feel talking about rep is "abusing the system." In my mind, I thought giving and sharing and enjoying, appreciating and encouraging each other is what the system is about???! To me that's what these threads are doing!

Awe! I am so glad to call you friend. You are the sweetest!:D I'd rep you for that, but it has been too soon.:glare:

So if you don't write anything on the rep form it comes out as neutral? I am glad I like to write. :) I thought you just had to click the "positive" dot.
No, you have to have 50 posts to give positive or negative rep. If you try before that, it'll still let you go through the process, but there will be a blue square instead, which is neutral. Whether you write or not doesn't matter.

I've given to you to recently to rep you again yet. :)

Well, if I get 4 more points by this afternoon, I'll be able to send 8 points your way! :D Otherwise I'm only worth a mere 7. ;)

WAIT!!!!!! No one rep genie today so I can knock her up tomorrow morning!!!!

Just kidding....rep away. She deserves it!! And, I'll keep our date one way or the other!

That is exactly how it works. But the joy is shortlived, because then you start jonesing for the next greenie.

Yes, I am always looking forward to earning my next little green emerald thingy.

Why does someone read a thread about rep and then leave non-positive rep telling someone they would like to see them talk about something other than rep? If you don't like rep talk, don't read rep threads. Some people have zero self-control. :001_rolleyes:

:iagree::lol:

Morning Genie!

In my mind, I thought giving and sharing and enjoying, appreciating and encouraging each other is what the system is about???! To me that's what these threads are doing!

:iagree:

I think it is through these threads that I have gotten to "know" a lot of you more!

No, you have to have 50 posts to give positive or negative rep. If you try before that, it'll still let you go through the process, but there will be a blue square instead, which is neutral. Whether you write or not doesn't matter.

I've given to you to recently to rep you again yet. :)

Ahhh..I understand now! :)

And thanks, Brindee!! :grouphug:

:iagree: I rep for no reason, other than to spread the love. :grouphug: