Menu

Book EMERGENCY.....calling the hive

*Lulu*

Summer of Light by W. Dale Cramer.  There is Christian Content didn't know if that will be a problem.  It is about a steel worker who loses his job and ends up staying home with his kids for the summer.  I do not laugh easily and I generally do not re-read books.  I cried I laughed so hard and read it twice.  Now that I think about it I may read it again.  Enjoy reading!  

M.C. Beaton makes me laugh out load. One series is Hamish Macbeth (the Scottish Highland village); the other Agatha Raisin (English Cotswald village). Definitely doesn't make you think. Both are murder mysteries with a lot of humor.

I adore Hamish & Agatha Raisin too.

Currently reading Orange is the New Black (book the TV/Netflix series came from) & can hardly put it down. 

• 2 weeks later...

Love so many of those already mentioned. Added others that look good to my never-ending wish list. Great suggestions. :)

Fannie Flagg

Love Fannie Flagg. :) Can't Wait to Get to Heaven was my favorite. Love them all. Maeve Binchy has some humor in them also. Always liked her. 

Funny in Farsi and Laughing Without an Accent

Alison Arngrim's Confessions of a Prairie B---- (about being Nellie Olson)

One of my favorites!

Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate steampunk/urban fantasy series is funny and a lot of fun. It begins with Soulless.

I checked the first one out of the library based on this thread.  So much fun!  Thank you for recommending it!  I just started book 2.

(Not to say others didn't suggest good books, too -- I apparently read a lot of humor, though, since I'd already read most of the other series mentioned.)