Menu

Confessions

due to moving in the middle of the year we're still working on the 2007/2008 school year stuff. I haven't even placed my order for the next year. :blink: :blushing: I have to get it done this week! GAH! So many decisions to make, I'm so stressed! I suck. That is all. :auto:

Ummmmm....

Then I suck every morning as the school buses roll down the street and my kids are still eating cereal (if they are up) prepping for the rigorous demands of bike riding, rip sticking, bionicle building, and maybe, just maybe a half hour of reading sometime in the afternoon.

But I will have you know that I am almost done putting pictures up. Moving is hard! I tried to start the kids off with some minor assignments, but the clutter in the house made me crazy and the kids needed me at their side to reinstitute proper work methods...if you know what I mean.

You don't suck. At least I *refuse* to believe what you are going through is anything other than perfectly normal for a recently relocated, military spouse, homeschooling mother. ;)

Jo

Btw- Pm me about where you got housing. I didn't know you were going to move so soon.

We are about to move and we are very busy with packing and all that. I'm trying to keep up with lessons because I know as soon as we get to the new location, we will be very busy exploring (and settling in).

I'm figuring we will lose 2 months. Is that realistic for an over the ocean move?

:tongue_smilie:

You don't suck. Moving is super stressful. It's so hard to find a groove in a totally new place.

It really is. I think I'm finally managing now that the new school year is starting with fresh activities and everything. I never do well moving in the middle of the year, instead of in the summer, I hate that.

It really is. I think I'm finally managing now that the new school year is starting with fresh activities and everything. I never do well moving in the middle of the year, instead of in the summer, I hate that.

I'm with you on that. THis time we deliberately waited till summer to move, to get a clean break with activities, etc. It worked really well.

:grouphug: Don't beat yourself up too hard. You've had a kinda sorta international move - you are a long away from the mainland anyway, and about 5 timezones away :)

As far as school is concerned, your children are still fairly young to worry about getting full credits. And remember that public schools never finish the textbooks. The one year my dd went to "regular" school, I was SHOCKED at how little they did finish.

you're not alone. . . .

I thought we were getting more done last year, except in history, than we actually did.

We'll start the new curriculm in November if the kids keep up their current pace of learning.

All those showings, cleaning, open houses, etc did take a huge toll.

:grouphug:

You are not behind! We moved two years ago at the beginning of the school year. We started in Oct. So I learned that it is ok to just pick up right where we left off. It's ok.

I fight with my conscience because I am not on "the schedule". Then I have to think. Oh yeah! I am the one who determines the schedule.

Remember you are the administrator of your school. Relax!

due to moving in the middle of the year we're still working on the 2007/2008 school year stuff. I haven't even placed my order for the next year. :blink: :blushing: I have to get it done this week! GAH! So many decisions to make, I'm so stressed! I suck. That is all. :auto:

Gah!! If *you* suck, and *this* is the reason, then I must be Mrs. Hoover.:blink::rolleyes:

We're moving right now and you don't even want to know how far behind I am. :glare:

:leaving:

:grouphug: I moved in the middle of the school year, too, and I was expecting to just take one week off and then be back on schedule. :lol::lol::lol: Needless to say, that was not how it went. It took much longer than expected to find out rhythm again.