Menu

PSA - Skillets in the Oven

goldberry

I did that about a month ago.  I had a lovely burn on the palm of my left hand.  I had to go to bed holding an icepack, otherwise the pain was unbearable.  I woke up with my hand still holding the warm pack.  I though I'd never straighten my hand again.  However, no blister, just a shiny oval, and then it peeled a week or so later - that was weird!

After I pull the skillet out and put it on the stove or wherever, I always put an oven mitt over the handle, handle inside mitt.  I almost grabbed the skillet once, just barely touched it with my thumb and I've been putting that mitt over the handle ever since.

After I pull the skillet out and put it on the stove or wherever, I always put an oven mitt over the handle, handle inside mitt.  I almost grabbed the skillet once, just barely touched it with my thumb and I've been putting that mitt over the handle ever since.

My problem starts with when I pull the skillet out and put it on the stove. . .   you would think I would know "hot oven = hot skillet" but sometimes the brain cells have left the building.