Menu

Do you have a Gluten free flour mix recipe you love?

Ann.without.an.e

I used to mix my own but my ds has nut allergies so most of those I had to stop using.  I have used Gluten Free Pantry flour mix for years, but  right now I am really loving the new King Arthur Flour mix!!!  They also sell some other products for bread and cakes that helps it have better texture/less density and I love their catalog for ideas.  If you buy in bulk on their site you get a discount and sometimes a freebie.  

Just now going wheat-free for three months, so I appreciate your post. I enjoyed King Arthur wheat flours for years, and I'm sure their gluten-free flour is just as good - thanks for the recommendation.

I use Cooking For Isaiah's recipe:

6 cups brown rice flour

3 cups tapioca starch/flour

1 1/2 cups potato STARCH (not flour!!!)

1 TBSP salt

2 TBSP xanthum gum

Works like a charm for making everything but bread. Everything I have made with it comes out with the same lovely texture, etc. as if it had been made with wheat flour. Even my skeptical extended family cannot tell the difference.

I highly recommend her book, too. We have found making this is way less money than buying pre-mixed GF flour. 

2 pkg (Bob's Red Mill) sweet sorghum flour

2 pkg (ditto) potato starch (not flour)

1 pkg (any brand) tapioca flour/starch

This is my basic mix for biscuits and things. For pancakes I use one part baking mix with 2 parts white rice flour.

My recipe is similar but instead of 2 units potato starch, I do 1 unit potato starch and 1 unit rice flour.