Menu

Does anyone know where to buy buffalo/bison meat in the lower penninsula of Michigan?

FaithManor

I would check eatwild.com and see if there is anything near you.  A friend gets her from somewhere in IN (we are in WI).  She and the seller each drive halfway and meet somewhere in the middle (but I know they buy a substantial amount at one time).  So if you find one that's too far perhaps you can work out some kind of deal with them.

I've seen it at Meijer.

Me too - takes up a tiny corner of the refrigerated beef section, so it would be easy to miss.  I haven't tried it though, so don't know if it's any good.  There's a bison farm in Holland, but I don't know whether they sell meat.  The one that used to be down the road from us is gone.

I saw this on Craigs list today. It is in Copemish

USDA. LOW FAT AND CHOLESTEROL. YOU CAN BUY ANY QUANTITY SMALL OR LARGE. BURGER IS IN 1 OR 2 POUND TUBES. STEAKS AND ROASTS ARE IN 1-4 POUND VACCUUM PACKS. BURGER IS $4/POUND, ROASTS $4/POUND, STEAKS $7/POUND. IF INTERESTED PLEASE CALL DENNIS AT 1 231 633-6094. THANKS !!!

Oleson's does have their own herd. But they finish it out on grain and they dose antibiotics prophylactically. So there go the health benefits of bison...

Once a month, I have a box of it shipped from www.wildideabuffalo.com

They get it. And they get how to ship it safely.