Menu

Why do men think they've made dinner when they've cooked a hunk of meat....

bettyandbob

No veg, no thought of sides at all.

I took ds for an early evening swim a knew it would be late when I got back. Dh said "I'll make dinner while you are out." an hour and a half later I come home to find a hunk of meat in the oven. He's flabbergasted when I ask what we will eat with it. There's a bag of salad in the fridge which will be fine.

No veg, no thought of sides at all.

I took ds for an early evening swim a knew it would be late when I got back. Dh said "I'll make dinner while you are out." an hour and a half later I come home to find a hunk of meat in the oven. He's flabbergasted when I ask what we will eat with it. There's a bag of salad in the fridge which will be fine.

Haha! My dh is the same way! The only exception is if he decides to make french fries....

Did he also make a ridiculous number of dishes dirty while preparing the meat? That would be my husband, lol.

Fortunately he's awesome in lots of other ways :)

No. He just threw it on the broiling pan and put it in the oven. He is also doing the dishes. He's pretty awesome with the dishes.

LOL DH is the same way! I work so I will tell dh "I thawed some steak for dinner". When I get home I will ask, what did you have for dinner.....'Steak", will be his answer. Just steak, nothing else. :lol:

That's like a big BBQ where the man cooks the meat, the woman makes all the sides, gets all the plates, cups, utensils, napkins, drinks, desserts, etc and everyone tells the man how great it was.

It took me a while to formulate why it made me grumpy when Husband did barbecue. He had grown up with the women doing the 'other stuff' and it was only when I talked him through it that he realised that it wasn't really a break for me when he grilled. Now he cooks veggies on the grill too and the children bring plates and cups out.

L