Menu

Who's going to tackle Friday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Me me me! After a day of nothing I am anxious to get things done. Its already noon and I haven't done to much in the productive arena. Fun, yes! but productive, nope.

Clean kitchen

put laundry away

pay bills

package up books

post office to mail books

pick up CSA share

Quick straighten up of all rooms

Uhmmm...

• Spent the morning shooting video for a youtube ad for work and added Product to Pinterest, posted to business FB page and looked at my online store for customers. No such luck on the customer front. Business phone calls!!

• Taking DD~15 to a neighbors to take a proctored final exam for school

• Driving DD~10 to piano lesson, then to the beach for some mother daughter bodyboarding.

• Sometime in the mix of the day I'm going to dig a garden bed, wash dishes and laundry, sweep the floor, make breakfast and dinner. Maybe I'll get to bed before midnight.

I will if things slow down enough. The "have to do" things we planned were see the chiropractor, buy a birthday card, and do school. We got stuck in the elevator at the chiropractor for 30 minutes (The repairman who opened the door looked surprised to find eight people sitting squished on the floor reading books.) and bought the card. Dh started feeling sick from chemo on the way home so we stopped and got crackers and water for him, and quick stuff for lunch. Check my email at home and our family doctor wants 15dd to be retested for mono, even though the last test was negative. So, quick lunch, get dh settled in the bedroom, and off to town for blood tests.

For the rest of the day:

blood tests for 15dd

school

balance checking and credit card accounts

five loads of laundry

call mil

give dh chemo tonight

get card signed by everyone for party tomorrow

get cards ready to send to others

make toothpowder

box up jackets and coats

Done:

before school child

remove security blinds from dd's bedroom

remove security blinds from livingroom bedroom

cook new recipe

finish working on current school cubbies

clean off top of "teacher" cupboard

transfer child support to bank account

grocery store run

haul items to alley for garbage pick up

clean alcove between bedrooms

To Do:

go to town office to pay water bill

clean livingroom

clean kitchen

hang new curtain rod/curtains in livingroom

Wash the big picture window (now that I can access it) inside and out

put together new bookshelf and put books/decor onto it

take kids on a fieldtrip (If I can finally have a shower today)

have a shower lol

hang curtains in dd's bedroom

pick up moose meat

pick up crickets for lizards

go visit our new puppy at the breeder's house

Had a good day. Moose meat lady rescheduled for tomorrow so we didn't get that, but we did go on a field trip, bought what we needed for our pets, dd13 and ds9 each used their own money to buy hamsters and the the supplies needed. The pet store was clearing out old cages for $2 each so each spent about $20 for a new cage, hamster, food dish, and hide. I bought the bag of food for them to share, and we already had shavings. Ds9 already had a water bottle from his guinea pig cage (we had bought a bigger one for it about a month ago) so dd13 bought one of those too. Not a bad deal.

Then drove an hour away to a different pet store that has the raw food I wanted to try with the cats because once the puppy is home they can all eat from the same bag, it is super healthy and nearly the same price as it would be to buy bagged crap kibble for all. We picked up a few other items there that the first pet store didn't have (the 1st is good for reptiles, crickets, and bare basics; the second has better food/treats/toys etc). We ran to walmart for a couple things for a culture swap I am doing. Then back home. dd13 is on a sleep over now, and I am about to finish up the kitchen.

Once home today we set up the 2 hamster cages, I hauled some toys in from the garage and set them aside to wash, and the old toy box and my filing cabinet. All things that we put out there when we moved in 3 years ago and that I have missed but have not really taken the time to deal with before tonight. Filing cabinet I am going to scrub clean and then hope to refinish it this week to look pretty then I can get these boxes and stacks of papers organized and filed properly again.

Curtains have not gone up on any window, I can't find my power drill charger, so have to wait until tomorrow and see if I can borrow from a neighbor for an hour or so. At noon tomorrow I have to drop the teens off for their year end cadet beach party, and at that time pick up the moose meat.

All in all a very busy but productive day. Hope to get lots done tomorrow too when the kids are gone.

Ack! Stuck in an elevator?! My dd would have been hysterical. Glad you guys managed to survive :)

I have done nothing yet today.

To Do:

get dressed

eat breakfast

go grocery shopping

make simple syrup for punch

boil potatoes

make potato salad

mail books

hide all the stuff that doesn't have a home yet

more cleaning

call SIL

I will if things slow down enough. The "have to do" things we planned were see the chiropractor, buy a birthday card, and do school. We got stuck in the elevator at the chiropractor for 30 minutes (The repairman who opened the door looked surprised to find eight people sitting squished on the floor reading books.) and bought the card. Dh started feeling sick from chemo on the way home so we stopped and got crackers and water for him, and quick stuff for lunch. Check my email at home and our family doctor wants 15dd to be retested for mono, even though the last test was negative. So, quick lunch, get dh settled in the bedroom, and off to town for blood tests.

For the rest of the day:

blood tests for 15dd

school

balance checking and credit card accounts

five loads of laundry

call mil

give dh chemo tonight

get card signed by everyone for party tomorrow

get cards ready to send to others

make toothpowder

box up jackets and coats

Wow! you've got a heavy load. :grouphug:

No. Friday can suck it. I took the day off. We went up to Ramstein Airbase and had an early Father's Day lunch, because everything will be PACKED on Sunday and we're going to an "American" rodeo Sunday afternoon. We had lunch at Chili's (I think the one on Ramstein is the only one in Germany), bought James Bond an iPad (so I can keep him away from mine), and wandered around the mall for a while. It was nice. Unfortunately, this means I can't take Sat off, but that's okay. We had fun.

3 pm ish report (a bit early but who's counting):

Finished lunch and cleaned up afterward.

Figured out some Canadian customs stuff for dh.

Did math with a grumpy complaining dd11.

Fought off the urge to throttle said grumpy complaining dd11.

Ds15 is working on geometry after having worked on his room some more.

Now -

Switch laundry around.

Pay bills.

Dd's room is done! She filled three donation bags.

We vacuumed, dusted, straightened out closet, sorted bookshelf.

Her bedding is in the dryer, mattress has been cleaned.

Hope this will help her have a better night's sleep.

Went to grocery store.

Taking a break for a green smoothie, then I'll start on laundry room.

Day is not going so well - I am feeling really punky today. Took a nap (or tried to, but dh kept coming in and waking me up).

Done:

Get dressed

Ate breakfast

Ate lunch

Mailed books

Went grocery shopping

Boiled eggs

Started to boil potatoes then realized they are all green and I need to buy new ones :glare:

Put laundry in drier

DH and kids have been going through and organizing stuff in the living room

To do:

Potatoes

Simple syrup

Bake 2 cakes

Do a little more dusting

Call SIL

Have kids do floors

I'm sorry, Sparkle. I am really really tired right now. I am grumpy (or another stronger word for sort of the same thing) and my family is avoiding me while I eat something. The thing is, I still have to take both kids to the Y and volunteer at Zumba. I ended up not going last Friday because I was sick and I really really need to be there today to help out so I'm going to push myself and hope that the ramifications of doing so aren't too bad. Since dh will be coming home from work in the middle of the night tonight I know my sleep will be disrupted. And of course tomorrow is the one day I have to deliver dd to a early morning class across town.

I'm still sorting through 20 years of paper. ;) I did run the dishwasher, and 2 of my kids did their laundry, and left both washer and dryer empty. Yeah.

I do have a completely full paper/cardboard recycle bin (the tall one, not the tub). ;)

ETA: I'm looking better. I brought my youngest to a piano lesson, and to the French tutor. There. lol

New to the Board, it is nice to meet everyone!

I have been living the completely full paper/cardboard recycle bin thing also! I keep wondering why no matter how much I clean up and organize, the house keeps generating more stuff. Finishing up the second year of homeschooling, but I feel like I could open a supply store! :D

School, laundry, playing popsicle stick houses with DD, and nursing DH who is home with a fever today. Totally unproductive but beat!

8ish check in

Everything continued to get mixed up today. Took 15dd to get blood test. Decided to get our doctor (across the waiting room) to look at her instead. Doctor looks at her and decides not to do the blood work. Can't figure out why she feels well, but has swollen lymph glands. Wait and see for a while.

Once we got home, I started washing. Something was making black marks on the clothes. Wash a load. Check it. Dry it. Black marks. The dryer is guilty. Dh wants me to research (yes, right now) dryers at the local Lowes. Research and decided. He changed his mind. We will get a used one and next year we will buy a washer dryer set. I can wash but can't dry. This is a disaster in a family of eight. And we live on a farm. Go to town to buy clothes pins (yes, right now. Dh is just that kind of guy).

Back home again and I have:

pulled out the huge clothes dryer

washed one load of laundry

balanced the checking and credit card accounts

called mil

birthday card for tomorrow is signed by everyone

three cards ready to mail

small jar of orange toothpowder mixed

gave children snack

put children to bed

started dh a mini meal/snack

Whew! I am as limp as a dishrag. Today was my second new instructor that I've worked with in a row. It takes a lot more energy for me with a new instructor because not only am I doing my usual tasks of making sure there are no interruptions, I'm learning new choreography, new yells (I lead chants etc. in the class) and am answering questions. Today we had one person try to Zumba in stocking feet - do not do this. I was really afraid that she had hurt herself badly and the instructor was in a panic asking me what to do. Then we had a fire alarm mid-class - a false alarm - but still the instructor freaked out a bit. Nothing really major but I didn't feel like I could let down my guard all hour.

Thanks for the sympathy, Jean. I had a burst of energy for a while but I am fading very quickly. I hope you get some good sleep and feel OK tomorrow.

Welcome, doodlemom!

Melinda, I hope you get another dryer soon! Too hard to contemplate living without one for long.

As for me:

made simple syrup

made potato salad

last load of clothes in washer

dishwasher running right now

first cake is in the oven

called SIL

put some more stuff away

I am going to bake the second cake, and wash a few more dishes and call it quits for the day. Tomorrow is going to be super busy.

Welcome Doodlemom!

Melinda, it sounds like you have a lot on your plate.

I haven't been hear all day because I tackled the homeschool convention. I went there hoping to listen to a few seminars and buy a few workbooks for the littles. The vendor I needed wasn't there, so I ended up sitting through a few seminars, buying an Apologetics curriculum that I've never heard of, and buying a game I've never heard of. I go back tomorrow for the home qualifying course because after 8 years of teaching my kids at home, I'm not yet legally qualified to do so. My husband has to sign our Declaration of Intent. After tomorrow, I'll be able to sign the intent. LOL