Menu

what should I watch free on Amazon Prime streaming?

ProudGrandma

Here is my basic style of watching...looking for TV shows...not so much movies.

I have watched (mostly on Netflix...or live TV) and enjoyed...

Grey's Anatomy

Private Practice

Parenthood

Hart of Dixie

Masterchef

Hell's Kitchen

Hawthorne (until the very end, then it got really weird, I thought)

Switched At Birth

Wild at Heart

Worst Cooks in America

Biggest Loser

right now I am watching Three Rivers on Netflix...but it is only one season and I have one episode left.

I have sort of forgotten about Amazon Prime streaming...and I tried to look around some, but I can't seem to figure out how to find ONLY the ones that are free with Prime...and all of the ones that catch my eye, I have to pay for.

I am not stuck in the present...and would be open to an older series.

So, send me your ideas.

thanks.

If you choose the department of "instant video" there should be a choice on the side to limit to prime only or upon hovering over that department a choice for prime.

I recently watched Degrassi Junior High and Degrassi High for old time's sake. It was fun but sad because the actor who played Wheels died several years ago.

Bunheads was fun.

Any interest in Downton Abbey?

I'll second Sherlock!

I watched the original Upstairs Downstairs (not the more recent version). It was so good, but I like British shows.

Pssst, hey, OrganicAnn, you do realize Sherlock is British, right? So you need to go watch it. :leaving:

Foyle's War, the Last Detective, West Wing.... and currently Scarecrow and Mrs. King (which i am enjoying even more than i did the first time round).

and in this house, anything star trek, or dr. who

oh, and brother cadfael...

i have my fingers crossed for HBO's the Newsroom, season 1....

We liked Sherlock as well. Primeval is another British show that we enjoyed, it's sci-fi though, so doesn't match up too well with what is on your list. Other things on my watchlist: Star Trek...yup, all of them, Eureka, Warehouse 13, and Jericho. Lots of Dora and Go Diego Go too, but that's not for me :001_cool: ETA: I also have The Last Enemy, which stars Benedict Cumberbatch from Sherlock. I haven't watched it yet though.

I notice you have two Gordon Ramsey cooking shows on your list. If you are not offended by unedited foul language, I would recommend "The F Word" (in this case, f is for food, although the other does get uttered) on Amazon Prime. I don't love the U.S. Gordon Ramsey shows, but I love this.

This is a British Gordon Ramsey show and it's kind of half cooking, half talk show. He is much less obnoxious in his British persona. They usually have a running contest of either regular people, celebrities, or whatnot cooking. Also, if you like British stuff in general (I do), lots of British celebrity guests who either talk to Gordon or cook their specialty dish against Gordon. There are a lot of segments about food - sourcing it, growing it, teaching people to cook, and each season, Gordon raises some kind of animal at his home and then slaughters it at the end of the season to cook - as a way to try to get back the understanding of where our food really comes from. Last I checked quite a few seasons were available.