Menu

rolling cart/bag for library visits?

Do you have one that you like? For some months I have been using a duffle bag with wheels but it just isn't quite up to the task, and the handle is beginning to bend. I would like to get something a bit sturdier. Any recommendations?

When we used to use the neighborhood library, I found that a wagon worked best. I have busted every rolling cart I've ever tried and I have a complete lack of faith in them now. They're all really meant for laundry, not groceries and books. But then our library shut down for renovations and we picked a new one that we usually drive to and I found that a couple of good totes like Elizabeth mentioned worked best. Now, if we walk to one of the walkable libraries, we just do a mini-run and carry the books.

We used to use totes -- the problem is that I am still usually carrying the 2yo on my back to keep him out of trouble while at the library. Add a tote bag of books to that (the boys can carry some, but not all the books) and library runs were making me extremely cranky. At least with the rolling bag the kids can pull it all themselves. But again, I don't think that the bag is going to last much longer.

I use this type of thing (though mine doesn't have the snazzy fabric bag attached) http://www.officemax...&ssp=true They frequently go on sale during back-to-school shopping and are widely available at most office supply stores. I actually have two. I try to keep one in the trunk (they fold flat). I've found them to be invaluable for library, book sales, even storing school books to move from one part of the house to the other. If you have some bungee cords, you can also strap larger things on top.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

This looks like it might work especially well:

I use this type of thing (though mine doesn't have the snazzy fabric bag attached) http://www.officemax...&ssp=true They frequently go on sale during back-to-school shopping and are widely available at most office supply stores. I actually have two. I try to keep one in the trunk (they fold flat). I've found them to be invaluable for library, book sales, even storing school books to move from one part of the house to the other. If you have some bungee cords, you can also strap larger things on top.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

This looks like it might work especially well:

I also use the rolling cart from OfficeMax. I love it! When we get home from the library, we use it to keep the library books in.

We use this for vacation too and also for homeschool conferences :)

you can customize the inserts to match your outfit (especially important when you have fashionista dd).

LOL. My boys like to match their T-shirts to their activities -- an animal shirt for the zoo, a shirt with a soccer ball on it for a trip to the park, etc -- but I don't think this would occur to them. Great image, though!