Menu

Wanting to add "Bible" curriculum this year.....1st and 2nd grader

avazquez24

I second Grapevine. But I use the student book also. Levels 1-2 sounds right. You could buy one of the shorter studies to try it out, then if it works for you they have both a NT and OT study. We are doing OT and read the corresponding story from the Vos storybook Bible. It's very simple and effective.

We are using Bible Study Guide for All Ages and we love it. Per Hive suggestion, we are using the beginner pages (skipping the primary guides) until they are ready for the intermediate guides. I printed out samples of BSGFAA and Grapevine, and we really like them both, but for now BSGFAA is the right fit for us.

I was checking out their website....so, was it suggested for this age to basically go down a level. Instead of the primary level it shows for 1st-2nd grade, to do the the 3-K age for the beginner level?

Is there anything besides the student pages that is used?

We are using Bible Study Guide for All Ages and we love it. Per Hive suggestion, we are using the beginner pages (skipping the primary guides) until they are ready for the intermediate guides. I printed out samples of BSGFAA and Grapevine, and we really like them both, but for now BSGFAA is the right fit for us.

I was checking out their website....so, was it suggested for this age to basically go down a level. Instead of the primary level it shows for 1st-2nd grade, to do the the 3-K age for the beginner level?

Is there anything besides the student pages that is used?

This should help. http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/457501-bible-study-guide-for-all-ages-primary-pages/page__hl__+bible%20+study%20+guide%20+for%20+all%20+ages?do=findComment&comment=4753791

And yes, all we use are the student pages. That's the main reason people don't like the new Primary pages because you need the teacher guide as well. I read on here that the CD isn't that great and most songs you can find on YouTube anyway. So far so good! :)

We skip the primary pages, too. And all we use is be student sheets. With a 1st and 2nd grader, I would definitely put them both in beginner pages. The second grader could possibly do intermediate, but it would be so much easier to keep them together for now.

We love BSGFAA! I use the beginner pages with both of my older ones. I tried to move my dd to intermediate this year, and while she was certainly ready, it was challenging to do both intermediate and beginner at the same tine, and my dd likes the coloring of the beginner. Next year I pan to use intermediate with my 3rd and 1st grader. We use the student pages, beginner timeline, and the CD.

Oh, and the Bible Summary cards. Love those!

The primary pages are a new addition to the program which is why I tell people to just skip them and go from beginner to intermediate; that's the way it used to be until a year ago. I like the primary pages for Pre-K to 1st grade and intermediate for 2nd-4th and advanced for 5th-6th. However, you can put students any where you would like.

I did a review of Bible Study Guide for All Ages on my blog.

Like another pp said, this is the one program that I haven't found something I like better in our 4 year homeschooling journey.