Menu

Who's going to tackle Tuesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Yes! I want to tackle Tuesday. I need to push my anxiety aside and get some work done.

For today:

laundry (2 loads)

ds to/from tutorial

grocery shopping

library book return

defrost chicken for dinner

dishes

supervise children scrubbing patio

help ds study for Spanish test

dd to/from dance class

sweep laundry area

lunch - hot dogs, sauerkraut, orange slices

dinner - baked chicken, veggies, salad

Maybe if I type it I'll do it. It's a sick day for the kids so I have no school to do. I should be able to accomplish a lot even though I essentially squandered the morning.

I need to:

deep clean master bedroom

deep clean master bath

deep clean kitchen

drop off dry cleaning

find all boy's heavy coats and store for next year (so they will stop wearing them)

cook something yummy for dinner

vacuum and straighten dining and living rooms

do some of my private studying

not worry about things I can't do today.

Maybe if I type it I'll do it. It's a sick day for the kids so I have no school to do. I should be able to accomplish a lot even though I essentially squandered the morning.

I need to:

deep clean master bedroom

deep clean master bath

deep clean kitchen

drop off dry cleaning

find all boy's heavy coats and store for next year (so they will stop wearing them)

cook something yummy for dinner

vacuum and straighten dining and living rooms

do some of my private studying

not worry about things I can't do today.

Ha! That made me laugh:) I have to do the same thing here with the boy's boots, if I don't put them away they will be wearing them with shorts in June!

Nope, Tuesday tackled me LOL

I stayed up way too late watching a movie, then had to get up at 7:40 to go in and help a friend at her store. I texted the kids their assignments (reading, vocab, spelling, and math) that I wanted completed while I was gone. Now, I'm home. We will eat lunch, then some friends are in from out of town so we are getting together with them. I neeeeeeed a nap :p That's about all I'm doing. I needed to make an exchange at Walmart, decided I was too tired to deal with Walmart, so that will go on another day's list LOL

Ha! That made me laugh:) I have to do the same thing here with the boy's boots, if I don't put them away they will be wearing them with shorts in June!

My boys would not understand why boots with shorts is a problem. Seriously though, what is it with boys and season changes- it totally wigs them out to start wearing short sleeves and shorts in the spring- and I have the same battle in the fall with switching to winter clothing. I Have to remove all out of season clothing to avoid battles.

Noonish check-in:

Kitchen is clean.

A.M. school is done - including "stained glass cookies" that I made with dd11. I was a bit disappointed that despite following the instructions to the letter, the "glass" (crushed lifesavers) all melted together into an unappetizing reddish brown color. Oh well. We tried.)

Made a quick drug store run.

Next up: Laundry. Then lunch.

Tuesday has been productive.

School is done (mostly) I need to read with dd7 but she is assisting the 4 year olds on starfall. I also need to do science with dd14 but that may wait till tomorrow.

Kitchen is clean

Chicken in the crockpot for dinner

Cleaned and rearranged the 4 girl room. I could barley get into the closet lol

Cleaned my room (mostly)

Spent too long shoveling snow (way not good for me)

Dd4 is on my laptop I need to do some planning and it just works better than doing it on my iPad

And lastly 5 out of a million loads of laundry are done, folded/hung and put away other than my favorite game of "who's sock is this and where is its mate" I have to wait for the PS kids to get home to play that game.

Crap, it's Tuesday? Urgh. Not much got done today.

Done:

Breakfast

Sweep Kitchen, LR and DR

School

Post office

Lunch

School

Empty and reload dishwasher

Aldi (we were down to 1 bottle of water!)

Folded half a load of laundry

Loafed around

Watched The Following

Wrote

Dinner

And that's it. I didn't even dance for Han Solo while he was in his bath. :( I was too tired to dance!!!!

Blah. I had a whole other list of stuff to do, but I simply didn't care. It's been one of those days.

I'm ready today!

Went to Walmart and got the week's groceries. Visited mil in the nursing home. Got home, unpacked groceries, cleaned kitchen and got the laundry sorted and going. Told the boys to straighten their rooms and they did. Week's menus are decided on. Half the house vacuumed. Desk cleared and no bills to pay.

Put a bad kitty outside who I caught trying to pee on my plant. She's back in now complaining loudly.

I need to go upstairs and make my bed (dh slept in this morning, that's unusual) and vacuum up there.

2:30 check in:

2 loads of laundry folded and put away.

1 load of laundry in the washer.

PM school done with dd11

Worked on Libby the Disabled Wonder dog's paw for 30 min. doing wound care. While doing it, I discovered a new gross/cool thing. The thick layer of dead skin cells that had built up on her disabled paw come off! I don't know if it was soaking it in warm water or the hydrogen peroxide I was using as an antiseptic but the dead skin started to slough off. Now she has nice velvety healthy looking paws. I'm not sure about her wound though. It is deeper than any she's had before. I'm going to have dh (RN) look at it tonight.

Next up: Go through books and figure out dinner.

My boys would not understand why boots with shorts is a problem. Seriously though, what is it with boys and season changes- it totally wigs them out to start wearing short sleeves and shorts in the spring- and I have the same battle in the fall with switching to winter clothing. I Have to remove all out of season clothing to avoid battles.

Right - my 4yo was wearing snowboots with her summer shorts and shirt yesterday. It was 80*.

Done so far:

laundry (2 loads)

ds to/from tutorial

grocery shopping

library book return

defrost chicken for dinner

lunch

We won't get to the patio scrubbing today, and ds doesn't want help studying for Spanish.

Still to do:

Dinner (mostly in oven)

Sweep laundry area (yuck - who keeps putting dryer lint on the storage shelf? There's a trash can RIGHT THERE!)

Dishes

Dd to/from dance class

I'm back, but didn't get much done today. It was just too hot to stay home without A/c, so we headed out all afternoon to soak up a/c in stores. Did take a bag of books to sell at half price so it wasn't a total loss.

Tomorrow is already out for getting stuff done - we will be out all day. :(

I shoot...I was suppose to tackle Tuesday? Oh, yeah, that's right. I'm leaving town for the weekend on Thursday afternoon and am firmly in the procrastination mode where I find anything and everything I can do except what I need to do to get ready to leave.