Menu

Anyone else obsessively planning/researching for next year?

I realized the other day that our school year starts before our hs convention. Asked DH how I'm supposed to buy my curric there if my year has already started. He was less than helpful with suggestions. :glare:

Now I have to decide if I want to rework my schedule or suck it up and buy everything online before the convention, and pray that nobody onsite beats my prices.

This has been my worse year I think. I just decided to go ahead and purchase the rest of my materials this weekend so I could stop the business of going back and forth on my choices.

Me, too! Realistically, I knew I probably had chosen as good as it was going to get ... that I wasn't going to find a better fit. I was, however, sending myself to the funny farm by second, third, and fourth guessing everything. I was also worried about cost, but, realistically, I wasn't going to get out cheaper and get out with what I needed. I bought it all and I refuse to look back!

But... But... But... What if.....

Talk to the hand!

I have found my groove, so my research is pretty much contained to supplements (and to looking ahead to high school, when I feel brave :lol:). But I am researching, buying, and then reading some of the fun new supplements that are rolling in. Fun, fun, fun!

I am perpetually researching Latin, now that I think of it. But I take lots of breaks from that. :tongue_smilie:

I went on a big shopping trip at my local hs store and ended up with a ton of stuff for the next several years, most of it I really like but I am having second thoughts on Beautiful Feet Guides especially with my I love to read what I want to read but the min. it's for school/assigned I hate reading *silly*gifted daughter...after checking on the guides and even buying the G.Foster books I am thinking of just giving the books to my son, who is always begging to read something new and forgetting the guides all together. Notgrass GA History is working so well I am thinking of going with them --- but I just gave away their world history for highschool last year, Ugh, I am very emotional when it comes to buying and giving away curriculum, wish I could exercise a bit more logic!

• 5 weeks later...

I'm right with you!

I've spent the early morning reading about math programs and sequences. I think next I'm going to channel my planning desire into figuring out how we can get back on track in the subjects we're behind in so we can enjoy the month of July off. Hopefully working on combining lessons and tracking down resourses from the library will give me a planning fix!

We have about two weeks left of work this year (and our evaluator signed off on our portfolio this week, so we're just finishing up some math and history) and then a month off, but I have house/organizing/get ready for baby stuff I need to do during that break, so I've been working on planning for next school year bit by bit for a few months. I have all of the materials (and they're on the shelf where we keep current materials), and plans, and everything. I'm down to little stuff that needs to be done, like making the science review cards and putting together some stuff to do with my preKer. I know I will make changes throughout the year, and I'm okay with that, but given that this is my first year needing to have complete portfolios for two students and the first time I'll have a newborn and a barely-2yo (my others are more spread out), AND I want to make sure that my sweet middle child, the preKer, gets some focused daily attention from me, I'm really trying to overplan, rather than underplan. It's easier to have a list of things ready to go and choose not to do some of them than it is for me to get anything done if I haven't made solid plans, especially for the extras. A lot of stuff IS "do the next thing," but sometimes the next thing also means having some materials or library books available, or things printed. Doing the overplanning now means that it can be "open and go" later. And planning early gets me the best deals.

Okay, and it's fun to plan and make lists and all of that!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm right with you!

I've spent the early morning reading about math programs and sequences. I think next I'm going to channel my planning desire into figuring out how we can get back on track in the subjects we're behind in so we can enjoy the month of July off. Hopefully working on combining lessons and tracking down resourses from the library will give me a planning fix!

Really! I'm planning next year, and at the se te still am getting down to the wireto finish what we are doing. Need to breathe and back away, thanks.