Menu

Recipe for alfredo sauce?

Joker

I tend to make my own, but for jar sauce, Classico's Asiago Romano Alfredo is really good. (Even the light version is good!) I think all of the jarred alfredo sauces look kind of odd, too, but they are fine once tossed with the pasta. They've gotten much better tasting, IMO.

Your recipe looks great but it seems that you are only cooking the chicken for about 20 minutes total. Is that enough to cook the chicken all the way through?

You cut the chicken breasts in half so they are thin. You pan cook them first in some olive oil, then finish them off in the oven. They have been fully cooked every time we've eaten them. HTH. :)

my moms alfredo was very simple - you melt butter in the pasta pan and put the pasta back in it. you mix sour cream and cream and an egg yolk well, then mix that in to the pasta, over low heat (to make sure the egg yolk cooks) and add fresh grated cheese (locatelli was her fave) and fresh ground pepper. its not a sauce as much as a coating . . .

This one is not made the traditional way, but is very good: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/quick-and-easy-alfredo-sauce/

Otherwise, I don't use a recipe. Make a roux with equal parts butter and flour, add garlic, then add half and half and some pepper. Once thick, remove from heat and add the cheese! (I use Asiago and Parmesan)

I use this one also.