Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 3/17-3/23

Negin

Yesterday I did a kettlebell swing workout. Today was a heavier kettlebell workout, complete with lots of squats. On Saturday I met with a private trainer for kettlebell. There isn't a gym or anywhere, even in the city, where kettlebells are taught (alone, they do use them with Crossfit). I've been wanting to make sure I am doing this stuff correctly. I learned a lot in just an hour with the trainer. I improved my swing (I wasn't quite doing it right!) and worked on something called the Turkish Get Up. I plan to meet with the trainer every 2 months. He is an hour away, so I can't meet up that often. But it was well worth the money to learn how to do the exercises correctly.

Sunday: JM Hard body

Monday: Inside out method body rev cardio conditioning

Tuesday JM Ripped in 30 week 1 2.5 mile run

Wednesday: " " " " 4.5 mlie run/walk

Thursday: " " " " " " (rotating with heavier weights) and brisk 1.5 walk

Friday " " " " " " " : "

'

Sunday: body pump and yoga

Monday: spin class & sculpt...upped my weights!

Tuesday...I shoveled a ton of heavy snow and called it done.

Plan to spin some more this week and add in another day or 2 of lifting and lots of body weight exercise like planks and squats.....also maybe get in some outdoor walks...it has just been so cold, damp and nasty out.

felt well enough to do yoga today. yeah. I was feeling the yoga energy desire yesterday afternoon - so I guess I was well enough then, but didn't have time. but I've done my four weeks of four times a week, so I get to book my massage. :)

I had a nice run yesterday afternoon, and this morning I did some yoga. It felt so good. I was very tight from Monday's kettlbell and yesterday's run. Tomorrow is more kettlebell.

LG, I don't think kettlebells are tricky, but any time you work with weights you need to make sure your form is perfect, otherwise you can hurt yourself. Actually, what I learn helped my Chaturanga too. I wish I could have a personal trainer for everything I do (yoga and running). :001_smile: I live in a very rural area. There isn't anywhere to go to do yoga, or any running clubs or gyms. It's nice to have someone check my form.

About to do 2 Miles of Leslie.

Read this - motivation to do weights more often.

The fastest way to firm your middle is not via cardio workouts, but through strength training for your entire body. In one study, women who lifted weights for an hour twice a week lost 15 percent more abdominal fat than those who didn't.

Add some form of weight-training to your exercise schedule, at least twice to three times a week. This is a big, big deal in terms of weight control.

About to do 2 Miles of Leslie.

Read this - motivation to do weights more often.

The fastest way to firm your middle is not via cardio workouts, but through strength training for your entire body. In one study, women who lifted weights for an hour twice a week lost 15 percent more abdominal fat than those who didn't.

Add some form of weight-training to your exercise schedule, at least twice to three times a week. This is a big, big deal in terms of weight control.

Except all of the weights that I have been doing have been making me so hungry. :D But yes, weights are important, especially as we, you know, get older. :001_rolleyes:

Yesterday was kettlebell, today I ran 4 miles while watching my favorite Doctor. I then did 25 minutes of yoga, because flexibility is important too. :001_smile: Plus is just feels good.

did my yoga practice 4x's this week. last week was my 4 weeks of 4xs (which makes this my 1st week of the next group. I am requiring myself to do at least two weeks of 5xs) so I left a message with the masseuse. I plan on trying the pilaties dvd tomorrow. really works the core and I think should be a nice compliment to the yoga. I am noticing a difference, I think it's because this time I'm being consistent of minimum 4x's per week (though I'd love to do it 6xs). my balance is better, I'm getting more toned, my arms are definitely thinner.