Menu

Do you have a mid-priced vacuum that you love?

Just Kate

My vacuum bit the dust and I must replace it soon. I would love to get something in the $200 range if that's possible. Actually, I would love a Dyson, but I'm not really sure if I want to spend the money (or if they're worth it!). We have a dog and stairs to deal with, if it matters.

Would live your opinions!

To me a dyson is so worth it. I love my dyson. I clean houses and really think I have used every vacuum ever made.

Dyson has stuck by their warranty. I have had a few things go out on mine and they have always sent the part or had me take it to a repair shop without any hassle. We have dogs as well not a problem. It is not hard at all to vacuum stairs with a dyson. I love that the attachments are all right there.

eta: I have the animal dc 25

I have a Eureka 4870 - an older model than the one currently Amazon. It has lasted at least 7 years and I've been really happy with it. It used to be top-rated but now I see the user reviews have slipped. :( It's well under $200. I just can't see paying more than twice the price for a Dyson. (we have a dog, and the Eureka picks up all the hair)

You should check Consumer Reports' ratings - that's how I found the Eureka lo those many years ago.

I have a Shark Navigator Lift Away Pro. I purchased a refurbished one from Overstock for around $140. I know many people love Dyson; it wasn't in our budget, though, so we looked for an alternative in our price point with good reviews.

We've only had it for a few months, so I can't assess its longevity (which can be a big issue with vacuums). It does have great suction, though. We have a spiral staircase that leads up to our loft, which makes it difficult for me to carry anything heavy or cumbersome up there. This vacuum is light enough to carry the whole thing, or if I want I can just carry the lift away part upstairs. One big negative to this vacuum is that the hose isn't very long, so to reach high places you have to use the lift away feature. This usually isn't a problem, but it can be difficult to do ceiling fan blades because you have to try to hold the lift away canister in one hand, hold the hose in the other, and then try to keep the fan blades from rotating away. For that, DH and I work together or I set the canister on a high stool to have a hand free to keep the blades in place.

My vacuum bit the dust and I must replace it soon. I would love to get something in the $200 range if that's possible. Actually, I would love a Dyson, but I'm not really sure if I want to spend the money (or if they're worth it!). We have a dog and stairs to deal with, if it matters.

Would live your opinions!

http://www.costco.com/Hoover-WindTunnel®-Rewind-Pet-Bagless-Upright-.product.100015858.html

We purchased this one a month ago at Costco, and it's been doing a great job. We have Ella the most shedding border collie, and it gets up all the hair...I do have an old vacuum that I clean out the filter system on the new vacuum once a week, but I have to vacuum daily.