Menu

Man ticketed for laughing too loud?!?

Joker

Has anyone seen this? I have no words. It seems beyond ridiculous that you can be ticketed for laughing too loud - especially in your own home. I also can't imagine being one who complains to the police because of a neighbor's laughter.

I haven't researched it elsewhere on the net so if someone has more information I am all ears.

I could have a field day with this:

Campanelli says the ordinance grants police the right to ticket anyone who’s acting “in such a manner as to annoy, disturb, interfere with, obstruct or be offensive to others.â€

The guy mowing his lawn at 7:30 on Saturday morning? Ticket

The guy snowblowing at 11p on a weeknight ? Ticket

The lady smoking while walking down the sidewalk? Ticket

The kid with the subwoofers blasting? Ticket

I could have a field day with this:

The guy mowing his lawn at 7:30 on Saturday morning? Ticket

The guy snowblowing at 11p on a weeknight ? Ticket

The lady smoking while walking down the sidewalk? Ticket

The kid with the subwoofers blasting? Ticket

I agree, and it's bothersome to me that the judge didn't throw it out. It seems you could complain about anything and as long as you're actually being bothered the police would hand out tickets.

Nope, it was a regular wave. The judge said as as long as the neighbor perceived it to be harassing it was harassment. We don't wave at people anymore.

:svengo: I really can't believe this stuff actually happens. That's crazy!

I was 19 and learning to drive stick shift (badly) on a friends camaro.

A cop directing traffic (near me driving) gave me a ticket for disturbing the peace. He said the car made too much noise when I backed out of the space ( grinding noise and popped clutch)

I went to court and it was dismissed.

But yet when I filed a complaint against the local high school for the noise at the football game (I lived 2 miles from the school, windows were closed, movie on, ac on and I could still hear the announcer -not the music or kids) they refused to do anything even though the responding officer agreed that the noise of the announcer was beyond reasonable.

When we moved I made sure I moved far far far away from the high school though this school is no where near the noise level as the last.

But yet when I filed a complaint against the local high school for the noise at the football game (I lived 2 miles from the school, windows were closed, movie on, ac on and I could still hear the announcer -not the music or kids) they refused to do anything even though the responding officer agreed that the noise of the announcer was beyond reasonable.

When we moved I made sure I moved far far far away from the high school though this school is no where near the noise level as the last.

We used to have neighbors two houses down who would blast music outside at three in the morning for much of the summer. It was so loud we could hear it with all the windows closed and fans running. On the nights they got really bored, they'd climb into their cars and lay on the horn to wake up the entire neighborhood. I guess they thought it was funny. I couldn't even get the cops to show up, much less ticket them. Apparently I should have walked over and laughed at them.