Menu

Busty women - where to buy a camisole that offers coverage?

Wendi

If you're moderately to very busty, and you wear camisoles to provide a little modesty sometimes under necklines that show too much cleavage, where do you find your camisoles? I have some camisoles, but they don't really cover enough. I just got some cute scoop-neck t-shirts on clearance, but when I bend over, there's a little too much cleavage for my taste. (For casual daytime wear, anyway. On a date with dh, I might not mind.) So I'd like a camisole that comes up higher, to wear underneath and add a dash of color. (The tees are black and charcoal.) Any tips?

I like the little cleavage cover things that clip onto my bra. I can scoot then up as far as I need them. Walmart had them in their as seen on tv section awhile ago but there are websites that sell them as well. Prevents having to have two layers :) in the summer too.

I just wear tank tops from Old Navy. They have lots of different styles and they aren't always consistent. So, I try on all the different styles each time they change them until I find what I like. I tend to buy the same one in lots of colors. I usually buy a size smaller than what I usually wear so that they are tight and stay in place.

I like the little cleavage cover things that clip onto my bra. I can scoot then up as far as I need them. Walmart had them in their as seen on tv section awhile ago but there are websites that sell them as well. Prevents having to have two layers :) in the summer too.

I have these but I don't really like them that much - the straps on my bras don't work well with the little clippy things and I don't really care for the lace on top -- BUT I agree the idea is genius. I have some ideas on how to make my own that work better for me but haven't gotten around to it yet.

The best tanks I have coverage wise have adjustable straps (and no useless shelf bra inside). These are hard to find though.

I just wear tank tops from Old Navy. They have lots of different styles and they aren't always consistent. So, I try on all the different styles each time they change them until I find what I like. I tend to buy the same one in lots of colors. I usually buy a size smaller than what I usually wear so that they are tight and stay in place.

This is what I do too. Except mine are from Gap.

I've got one of these on right now:

http://www.target.co...erm=merona cami

Good coverage with adjustable straps so they're not always slipping. Wash up well. Cheap. Lots of colors available.

I always buy tanks that have real straps - to cover my bra straps -- but suddenly I am questioning if I really need to be doing that? I suppose I have some antiquated idea that the tank needs to be wearable on it's own yet I never actually do that. Hmmm.....

This is what I do too. Except mine are from Gap.

I have some from Gap and some from Eddie Bauer too. Really, it depends upon the season and how they are made. They are all a little bit different every season. I'm only 5'1" so some seasons Gap's have been too low-cut for me.

I always buy tanks that have real straps - to cover my bra straps -- but suddenly I am questioning if I really need to be doing that? I suppose I have some antiquated idea that the tank needs to be wearable on it's own yet I never actually do that. Hmmm.....

Yeah, I don't worry about wearing an item on its own unless I'm actually going to be wearing it on its own.

This is exactly what I do. I sometimes wear them backwards because I want the scoop and not the v neck showing.

I have a bunch of Old Navy tanks and a variety of lace-trimmed camis similar to this: http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/b/0/0/107/4/AAAAC6ogmuUAAAAAAQdPZQ.jpg?v=1289891395000 Mine are from Lane Bryant, but I've seen them at Kohl's, Target, just about everywhere.

They usually come down longer, which is nice if the shirts are a little short. I wear regular support garment underneath; these are just for show. :)

Kohl's has had some great ones in the past. I'm in maternity now so I'm trying out Gap and Old Navy tanks, but the Kohl's ones are still my favorite.

I second this. They carry several brands in the bra department (Jockey being one off the top of my head). Pricey, but well worth it. I was tired of cheap tanks that shrunk and offered no coverage. Highly recommend trying them on, depending on how you want them to fit.