Menu

Could I ask for prayers for dh tonight, please

He is in Taiwan for work and is in the path of the Typhoon that is hitting the island. I spoke with him at about 4:30 this afternoon and he said he'd update me in a few hours. It is not 11:30pm and I haven't heard from him. I hate it when this happens. He has been there for typhoons before and everything was fine, but it's the not knowing that is troublesome. Please pray for his safety and that communication lines will stay open or become open if they are down. The island just experienced a typhoon about a week ago that dropped record-breaking rain and washed out bridges. I always worry about the wind too because he is in a high-rise hotel.

I'll let you know if I hear anything. I'm probably going to try to get some sleep soon. I don't know how well that will work.

I'm sorry Lisa. I'd be worried to, but let's just count on the positive, shall we?

Hugs and understanding.

I do try to stay upbeat about all of this travel, but sometimes it just gets the better of me. He has been in typhoons before, and earthquakes in Japan. I usually worry most about the flights. I lose about a day when he is traveling because it is like I'm in waiting mode until he gets where he's going. If I didn't stay positive I'd just sit down and cry. I really don't know how long I can deal with this traveling thing. We try to look at the perks like job security, but some days I just want to throw in the towel.

Thanks for all the hugs and prayers everyone.

I know it must be tough not hearing from him. My dh is in Japan right now so I can't imagine how I'd feel if a typhoon was heading toward him.

Hopefully communications have just been temporarily cut off and you'll hear from him soon. Can you call him at the hotel? Last year when my dh was in China he sent me an email saying that he was sick but then I didn't hear from him. I started to worry so I called the hotel directly. You can usually get the phone number by looking at the hotel website (do a Google search for the website). The communication was a little difficult but the operator understood enough english to get me through to my dh.

Typhoon Fung-wong has slammed into Taiwan's east coast, bringing fierce winds and heavy rains.

The storm has forced the closure of schools and offices across the country and severely disrupted travel.

The stock market has also been closed for the day.

The typhoon, bringing winds of up to 126 kilometres per hour, made landfall in the eastern county of Hualien at 6.50 am local time.

Agricultural authorities have put 425 rivers on their alert list, demanding nearby residents take extra precaution against possible floods and mudslides.

Thousands of fishing boats have sought shelter in ports.

The National Fire Agency, which coordinates the country's rescue missions, says no casualties have yet been reported.

Typhoon Fung-wong left three people missing feared dead in the northern Philippines at the weekend.

The storm brushed past the northern tip of the main Philippines island of Luzon before heading to eastern Taiwan.

http://www.radioaustralia.net.au/news/stories/200807/s2316806.htm?tab=latest

Thanks everyone. I heard from him this morning. He is fine! Since he is on the west coast they are getting mostly the backlash from the storm: lots of wind and heavy rain. The Taiwanese people are so used to this that he said they is more traffic out on the roads now than there was before the storm, scooters and all. Crazy. The plant is closed, so he is just watching the doormen try to keep the huge amount of rain from coming in the front doors by constantly squeegeeing the marble floor inside and outside of the doorway.

By the looks of the radar, the storm is hitting the coast of China now and will start to lessen where dh is soon. I am so grateful for your prayers.

We were in Taiwan for 2 months and experienced 4 typhoons. Two of them were direct hits to the city where we were living. It amazed us what "non-events" the typhoons were for the local residents. They took precautions (boarding windows, staying inside), but no one panicked. We were told that high rise buildings are actually very safe and built to withstand the many many typhoons the area experiences each year.

Good thoughts for a safe stay for him.

Thanks everyone. I heard from him this morning. He is fine! Since he is on the west coast they are getting mostly the backlash from the storm: lots of wind and heavy rain. The Taiwanese people are so used to this that he said they is more traffic out on the roads now than there was before the storm, scooters and all. Crazy. The plant is closed, so he is just watching the doormen try to keep the huge amount of rain from coming in the front doors by constantly squeegeeing the marble floor inside and outside of the doorway.

By the looks of the radar, the storm is hitting the coast of China now and will start to lessen where dh is soon. I am so grateful for your prayers.

Glad you finally heard from him. Hope you were able to get some rest.