Menu

Gotta brag on how good my boys were when we took dad out to lunch yesterday.

So dad's at the nursing home. He told me (and warned me not to repeat it) that he's happier there than at home, because he doesn't feel like a burden to anyone at the nursing home. Which makes me sad and happy at the same time. Sad that my dad would rather be away from mom because of how she treats him, but glad that he's where he'd rather be.

Don't know how long he'll be there. Depends on how rapidly he improves with his physical therapy. Right now he's so weak, he's back to a wheelchair instead of a walker. His goal is to be able to eventually just need a cane.

Anyway.

So I told dad he gets to pick whatever restaurant he wants. And he picks a Chinese place. Not an American/Chinese place. A "we only serve Chinese food" Chinese place. Apparently it's his favorite restaurant ever.

So we go. My boys were SOOOOO good. They're not adventurous eaters by any stretch (we're dealing with SPD). They just sipped their sodas, picked at the food I ordered them, chatted with Grandpa, and behaved so nicely. I'm pretty sure my dad has no clue they didn't like the food. They didn't fuss or whine or say 'yuck' or anything.

I was just so blessed to see them bless their grandpa like that. I mean, dad ATE. I haven't seen him eat that much since all this started back in August. And he enjoyed it so much. (And I must say; who knew there was such a good authentic Chinese restaurant in that not-so-good area of Flint, lol).

Anyway, after hanging out with dad for a while back at the nursing home, we had to leave. I couldn't tell my boys enough on the way home just how proud I was of them. I made them cupcakes when we got home. :D

Just a little glimpse into our day yesterday. :)

Where is this place? We are going to Flint the 20th to take dh to the train station. Dh's brother lives in Flint near Swartz Creek.

It's on the opposite side of town from Swartz Creek. It's on Dort Highway. (I *told you* it was a bad area, lol.) If you still want to know what restaurant it is, pm me. But if your bil lives near Swartz Creek, he probably doesn't want to go over to Dort Highway, lol.