Menu

Good grief crafters!

Jane in NC

Oh well I don't craft for Valentine's Day. Actually I usually don't even remember it. Like the time dh and I went to Outback after running some errands in town and were shocked to find the waiting list was 2 hours long! Seemed too early for prom. Then it hit us--Valentine's Day.

But dd loves any and all holidays so we will probably make some heart-shaped cookies at least. Or I'll get lazy and just buy candy. :laugh:

Good luck with your crafting!

Shush! I signed up to go to a homeschool Valentine's Day party. I have 60-something Valentines to make (half for each little) and two mailboxes to make. I don't want to be reminded.

We signed up for one, too. I have 100 to do between my two kids!

We signed up for one, too. I have 100 to do between my two kids!

What are you doing for yours?

I have some heavy paper (not quite cardstock weight). I was thinking of cutting it in half and then folding the halves to make cards. I have some cheap sponges and was thinking of cutting two different sizes of hearts. Then I was thinking of using the cut sponges to stamp the bigger heart with tempura paint. After that dried, I'd stamp the cards with the smaller hearts in a different color paint and offset/turned a different direction. I was thinking blue/red for DS's cards and pink/purple for DD's cards. Inside I was thinking of hot gluing a chocolate heart (bought from the bulk bins at a local store), using a stamp to put a nice message (need to see what I have), and then let DS write his name 30+ times. (Yeah, that last part might not happen as he is still very shaky with writing).

What are you doing for yours?

I have some heavy paper (not quite cardstock weight). I was thinking of cutting it in half and then folding the halves to make cards. I have some cheap sponges and was thinking of cutting two different sizes of hearts. Then I was thinking of using the cut sponges to stamp the bigger heart with tempura paint. After that dried, I'd stamp the cards with the smaller hearts in a different color paint and offset/turned a different direction. I was thinking blue/red for DS's cards and pink/purple for DD's cards. Inside I was thinking of hot gluing a chocolate heart (bought from the bulk bins at a local store), using a stamp to put a nice message (need to see what I have), and then let DS write his name 30+ times. (Yeah, that last part might not happen as he is still very shaky with writing).

Oh, you are GOOD! I was pinning a bunch of different ideas on Pinterest, but once I found out how many kids there are going to be, I decided to just buy the cheap-o, cheesy paper Valentines. :o Yeah, not looking forward to the name writing part, either....

Your idea sounds totally cute!

I'm not really a crafter (though I love reading the crafter threads & seeing all the neat things everyone makes)!

How About Orange has some neat, easy crafts for Valentine's, imo....

001_smile.gif

Thanks for this link Stacia. What a fun site! The 52 Books in a year crowd might be interested in one of their tutorials for postcard wall art (here done with old Penguin bookcover postcards)

They also have printable Oscar Bingo cards. Cute and fun stuff!

Ugh wow. I can barely get my kids to sign their name on the store bought cards never mind make a bunch of cards.

When my boys were little I found a name stamp at one of the craft stores - the self-inking cheap-o kind. From then I my boys just stamped their names on group cards instead of laborously signing them over and over.

Myra