Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 2/3-2/9

Negin

I've never posted on these exercise threads before. I'm really trying to step up my workouts. I've been doing Hip Hop Abs since mid November (and 3 to 6 mile walks) This week

Monday Hips Buns and Thighs and Fat Burning Cardio level 2

Tuesday Fat Burning Cardio 2 and Ab Sculpt 1 and a 2 mile walk

Wednesday Total Body Burn 2

Thursday 2 mile walk

Friday Total Body burn 2 and Hips Buns and Thighs

Tomorrow maybe a few laps after I teach swimming and a long stretch period in the spa

Sunday 6 mile walk (13 minute miles it's a fast walk with the local club, missed in this week)

I started keeping writing all my workouts down and it really motivates me. I hate seeing a blank day.

Welcome Betty. :)

Woot! I got a workout in this am before the baby woke up-

Short and Sweet Yoga w/ Travis -30m

It was certainly challenging! He does yogic pushups just for fun. I could follow along well enough but have lots of room for improvmenet

Thanks for the review. I've been wondering about that one.

I also did yoga today. Let me tell you there's nothing like doing yoga with your 4 yr old hanging about. While I was in down dog he decided he couldn't resist playing the drums on my behind. Very relaxing. :smilielol5:

I did my yoga this morning. dudeling calls "relaxation pose" "snuggle pose" - and promptly scambers down to snuggle with me. sometimes he would try and do some of the poses along with me - until he got board and would run off.

Thanks for the review. I've been wondering about that one.

Did the second workout today. I love it. His cues are hard to follow at times but if you are familiar with yoga you can pick it up easy enough. I love the flow of it and the challenge. I would highly recommend if you have some yoga experience and looking for challenge. I can see it giving a good workout for a variety of levels.

Yesterday I was feeling better, though I had (still have) a bit of a cough. I felt it was safe to do step class knowing I could modify to take it easy if I needed to do so. I took the class and didn't really need to modify, it felt good to have fresh legs that had 2 days of rest.

Today I took a yoga class followed by Combat class which was awesome, as usual. :) When the boys were in gymnastics I did some strength training with weights. It is nice that there is a little gym with windows facing into the class area. I am really lacking in having a regular strength routine so I am trying to do better.

I am also working on a challenge to do some type of assisted pull-ups at least 3x/week for six weeks. Perhaps by the end of six weeks I will actually be able to do at least one unassisted pull-up. Today I did negative pull-ups which are hard, unpleasantly hard to the point where I would go as far as saying they suck. (sorry :huh: )

Is anyone else here working on a specific goal?