Menu

Stupid play place!

NotSoObvious

My kids haven't been sick ALL year! We wanted to get together with a friend and she suggested a fast food play place. I never let my kids play in those in the winter because they are a germ haven, but it has been sooooooo cold outside and there aren't a lot of options in our town. So we went. That was exactly a week ago.

Now my dd is sick. Ugh!!! Never again.

(Yes, I realize she could have picked it up anywhere, but I just know....)

Ugh--I know your pain! When my boys were little we were on a long road trip so we stopped to eat at a play place so they could get some energy out. What a mistake! Both got a nasty pinkeye infection and were miserable for a week. Not to mention we had to live in darkness that whole time because the light was so painful to their eyes.

I really hadn't thought about how germ-y the play place could be. When ds1 was little we'd go to the McD near us. They had one employee assigned to the play place and she kept the place quite clean and tidy. I have never been to a play place anywhere near as clean as that one was. Thankfully dd has no interest in those play places.

Nowadays we just grab food and stop at a rest area. Those are cleaner than the play places and better for kids to run around.

Ick. Sorry your little one is sick. :(. One week is an awful long incubation time. It's possible she might have got sick from somewhere else. Not saying one week isn't possible (it totally is) but I have found most things manifest much sooner, usually more in the 48 hours to five day window.

I totally agree- play places are to be avoided during flu season. Ick.

The other culprit could be the speech therapy office, which gets pretty nasty, but she has been there twice a week for over eight months. Our one and only time at the play place and she gets sick. Hmmmm...

All it takes is one sick child to have been there sometime before you. Doesn't matter how clean the place has been in the months prior. Sigh. All it takes is one sick child who should have stayed home. :(

All it takes is one sick child to have been there sometime before you. Doesn't matter how clean the place has been in the months prior. Sigh. All it takes is one sick child who should have stayed home. :(

Amen to that!! My dd is 15, but has immune system dysfunction along with her chronic fatigue. Please keep your kids home if they're sick!! Arrgh!