Menu

Can't change my avatar

Lady Florida.

I have not been able to change my avatar. I tried uploading a photo, but it was too large. Since I couldn't get the photo small enough, I chose the url option instead. I tried to use one from Flickr, in my public photos. It won't grab the photo, and there's a pink box underneath where the url goes. The box gives me the impression there's a problem, but there's no text in the box, so I have no idea what the problem is. Help!

• 3 weeks later...

I just tried to change my photo and it wouldn't let me, it was within the correct size. I tried to go back to my old one and it wouldn't let me either. Help! I've done this a thousand times, it just not working.

Either the problem is fixed or it was my laptop. I was able to upload one from my phone last night. This morning I can change it from the laptop. I did also clear my history and the computer was off last night.

I've been trying to upload one, and it doesn't appear to have worked!

I started on my iPad, then moved to my laptop and tried with both Chrome and IE. I finally ended up trying the Gravatar thing, and it *says* it worked, but I still do not see an avatar. Argh.

I've been trying to upload one, and it doesn't appear to have worked!

I started on my iPad, then moved to my laptop and tried with both Chrome and IE. I finally ended up trying the Gravatar thing, and it *says* it worked, but I still do not see an avatar. Argh.

I think the planets need to be in a certain alignment or something. There's no rhyme or reason. I know how to make a file under 50k. I know how to save and upload. I do not have too many images stored. :bored:

I see yours btw. I did the gravatar thing today too. I see an avatar on my profile page, but not on my forum posts. :glare:

I haven't been able to change my avatar either. Getting both error messages and nothing at all whenever I try. I guess I'll just keep trying.

ETA: Still can't upload a pic or import a URL, but changing my gravator icon worked.

You know mine isn't working again. It's the right size, I wanted to change it especially this morning. I rebooted and dumped my history. This is so annoying. Of course, some of you will read this after it's working again and see something instead of a gray box and say it's fixed. I don't want to use gravatar, I don't want to explore another thing today. I just wanted to change the darn picture to honor someone on this board. I tried an URL and a downloaded correct size photo. Neither are working.

You know mine isn't working again. It's the right size, I wanted to change it especially this morning. I rebooted and dumped my history. This is so annoying. Of course, some of you will read this after it's working again and see something instead of a gray box and say it's fixed. I don't want to use gravatar, I don't want to explore another thing today. I just wanted to change the darn picture to honor someone on this board. I tried an URL and a downloaded correct size photo. Neither are working.

Well now it worked. I can't adjust the crop though. I didn't change anything on my end before trying again, except a few episodes of Dr. Who, perhaps the daleks were sucking down the Internet again.