Menu

Baby Name thread!!!

mlgbug

Okay so I'm due in about 11 weeks! I'm in love with the name Adela, but also have Matilda and Estella in the running. I am worried Adela will remind people with the singer Adele, and Estella is getting popular and Matilda... Idk :)

What do you guy think????

The first thing I thought of when I saw the name Adela was the singer Adele. That's what you get for sight reading.

I didn't know Estella was popular.

Matilda the movie was probably long ago enough that her contemporaries wouldn't think of it when they hear her name (let alone the book.)

Congrats on the soon-coming baby girl!

If it were me, I would pick Estella, so I could use Ellie. I love Ellie! Adela does make me think of the singer, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. Be prepared for people to never notice the final "a." Don't like Matilda; bad connotations for me.

Have you ever used the Social Security Administration Top Baby Names? That's my go-to site because you can see how names are trending. Although names skyrocket overnight now. When I chose "Mason" for my son, it was barely in the top 100, but now it is #2. I did not plan to have such a popular name, but it's okay.

Matilda is a popular name in Australia, Waltzing Matilda and all. I don't remember ever meeting anyone with that name until moving here. I don't know who Adele is, so I wouldn't associate the name Adela with anyone, and it's a name I haven't heard before. People might try to pronounce it a-day-la though.