Menu

Best pre k workbook?

Courtnkids

The one I loved recently was a Richard Scarry one that had stickers -Barnes & Noble or Amazon. I ripped out ten-ish pages at a time. Stickers are more popular here than coloring, but I thought there was a nice variety of topics. Someone had to read the directions, but a lot of the work was (fairly) independent.

DS loved the Kumon My Book of Coloring. I loved that after the initial instructions he could do the whole book himself. The Kumon My Book of Easy Mazes was like that also. Some of their other books, I had to constantly keep cutting things for him to do the pages.

We have that big Richard Scarry sticker book and I've loved it for my 5yo, he started it at 4. Good variety and we love Richard Scarry.

Also love Kumon books. My 3yo is using the "Let's" series...Let's Sticker and Paste, etc. My 5yo likes the cutting books, he's doing a jigsaw one now where you cut out the pieces and glue them together. For my 3yo I must get the page ready for her, but it's not a problem as she is sitting with us at the school table.

You also might look at ETC A,B,C books, they wouldn't be independent though. If they look like too much writing they can be done orally.

We've had success with R&S, Kumon, and ETC primers at ages 4 or 5.

However, for independent busywork, I like to hand them dollar store workbooks. That way if they just scribble all over the pages, I don't feel like I wasted a bunch of money. :blush5:

I'll have to try R&S! They also incorporate Biblical principles. That's very important!

I've used R&S, Horizons, and Kumon. I think R&S is the best of those three. They have a nice variety of activities and aren't flashy. Once I read the instructions to my daughter she can complete the page on her own.

We really loved this one. I think I didn't buy it off amazon I bought it from the publisher.

http://www.amazon.com/What-Your-Preschooler-Needs-Know/dp/1933486228/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1358070049&sr=8-3&keywords=what+every+preschooler+needs+to+know

You get the workbook and the textbook. I though it did a great job of covering what needed to be done in preschool. We also loved the kumon books and of course Richard Scarry!