Menu

Clarisonic on your kids?

NotSoObvious

I got a Mia for Christmas and I'm in love. My 10 year old is constantly- I mean constantly (sensory issues)- touching her face and she is getting black heads and little zits already. :( I read the Clarisonic is safe for kids. I used it on her tonight and she loved it and said she wants to use it everyday. Yay for a child wanting to wash her face! But I'm not going to share (gross).

I can't afford to buy another one, but I could get an extra brush for her.

Do any of you use it on your kids/have kids that use it? What do you think of it? Successful?

How do you manage the logistics of it all? We don't have room in our shower for it and we all share one bathroom with zero counter space. It's perched up high on a shelf right now.

He uses the acne head and prescription cleanser. I can't remember what it is, though. I think the other ones probably work okay. For $20 it might be worth giving it a try first. I've been really happy with the clarisonic. I haven't seen any studies on effectiveness and/or differences. A pp must have tried both of them.

I got a Mia for Christmas and I'm in love. My 10 year old is constantly- I mean constantly (sensory issues)- touching her face and she is getting black heads and little zits already. :( I read the Clarisonic is safe for kids. I used it on her tonight and she loved it and said she wants to use it everyday. Yay for a child wanting to wash her face! But I'm not going to share (gross).

I can't afford to buy another one, but I could get an extra brush for her.

Do any of you use it on your kids/have kids that use it? What do you think of it? Successful?

How do you manage the logistics of it all? We don't have room in our shower for it and we all share one bathroom with zero counter space. It's perched up high on a shelf right now.

No advice, but thanks for posting.

DS11 also has sensory issues and touches his face all the time. He was just dx with some dermatitis issue from touching his face too much.

I like the idea of him using a Clarisonic or something similar. :thumbup1:

Get the Oil of Olay spinbrush for her. Works just as well for way, way less cash.

We had got that for ds. It does not work just as well as the Clarisonic I have. Not in the slightest. First of all, it spins loosely, while the Clarisonic is sonic vibration -- no spinning. Also, the Olay brush head has soft bristles almost twice as long as the Clarisonic. They basically flop about as you try to wash. You cannot get sufficient contact and pressure. It was a complete waste of money.

OP -- I have a Mia also. For my ds, I finally bought the brush heads for acne that Clarisonic is now selling for the Mia2, which they devised just for acne. All the brush heads fit the Mia, the Pro line and the Mia2. So, we share the same Mia, but just keep our brushes separate.

Since he's been using it, he has really cleared out a LOT of the blackheads he had around and on his nose. It had seemed at one time, that every pore on his nose was a blackhead! He tried the Olay one for about 4 months before but there was no improvement whatsoever. His face was clean, but it was clean with a washcloth before, too. He's only been using the Mia a little over a month and it's made a very noticeable difference.

We had got that for ds. It does not work just as well as the Clarisonic I have. Not in the slightest. First of all, it spins loosely, while the Clarisonic is sonic vibration -- no spinning. Also, the Olay brush head has soft bristles almost twice as long as the Clarisonic. They basically flop about as you try to wash. You cannot get sufficient contact and pressure. It was a complete waste of money.

OP -- I have a Mia also. For my ds, I finally bought the brush heads for acne that Clarisonic is now selling for the Mia2, which they devised just for acne. All the brush heads fit the Mia, the Pro line and the Mia2. So, we share the same Mia, but just keep our brushes separate.

Since he's been using it, he has really cleared out a LOT of the blackheads he had around and on his nose. It had seemed at one time, that every pore on his nose was a blackhead! He tried the Olay one for about 4 months before but there was no improvement whatsoever. His face was clean, but it was clean with a washcloth before, too. He's only been using the Mia a little over a month and it's made a very noticeable difference.

Thanks so much Audrey. I spent some time reading the reviews last night, and I'm going to just go ahead and get her the acne brush head. The Olay thing won't save me any money if it's between that and just the brush head and she really needs something effective.

Thank you for all the feedback!

You shouldn't be putting much pressure on your brush! You could cause microtears in your skin.

There are a number of reviews online comparing the two. The consensus is that they work equally well for cleansing. There really isn't anything specially about vibrating back and forth vs. a full spin.

I bought DD12 her own Mia, and it has really helped a lot. I have one as well, and I really like it. I am thinking about buying DD9 one too. I would like to start her on good habits now (plus she loves to do everything that her big sister does). We all have our own bathrooms, so sharing a Mia doesn't really work for us. However, I think they are well worth the money anyway.