Menu

Need easy and inexpensive potluck inspiration

Joshin

We have the annual potluck tomorrow for DS7's astronomy club. Normally I'm on top of these things but the cold here has stopped all brain function on my part! I have absolutely no inspiration or ideas, and Googling isn't helping. I need something easy and inexpensive. The club has one microwave and one microwave and one oven, but I'd like to avoid them because everyone will be trying to use them to heat up their dishes. So I guess cold food is preferred.

Any ideas? What's your favorite potluck standby?

What about something in a crockpot? Store bought meatballs in spaghetti sauce, chili, queso and some chips, a crockpot cobbler...

Cold stuff- meat and cheese tray, cheese and crackers, fresh fruit, cookies, pre-made sandwiches (pb&j, ham and cheese, pimento cheese, etc)

corn pie

1 box jiffy corn mix

1 can corn

1 can creamed corn

1 8oz sour cream container

2 sticks of butter, softened

2 graham cracker crusts (I always use store bought)

Mix everything and put in the pie crusts. Bake at 350 for about an hour. Serve room temperature or warm.

REALLY easy but people LOVE IT. I can't tell you how many times I have had to give out the recipe. Now it is the stand by for them too, lol.

Thanks for the awesome ideas, guys! I wrote some down for later!

At dinner I was whining about it and DH reminded me that we have 10 billion jars of canned peaches and apples in the root cellar (okay, a slight exaggeration). I double checked the email and desserts are okay, so I'm going to go with cobbler because I already have everything on hand so don't have to venture out to the store tomorrow.

Unless anyone has any amazing peach or apple recipes they want to share? :D