Menu

3:20pm CA time, my Suburban just broke, I'm driving 8 ladies to convention in a.m...

It's now 3:21 p.m. California time on Thursday night, I'm supposed to drive 8 ladies to the homeschool convention that is about three hours away, we're supposed to leave at 7 a.m. tomorrow morning.

ACKKK!!!!!

My ds has taken my car to the dealer to see what they can do in the next 2 hours before they close. :rant:

-------------just venting-------------------------

It's now 3:21 p.m. California time on Thursday night, I'm supposed to drive 8 ladies to the homeschool convention that is about three hours away, we're supposed to leave at 7 a.m. tomorrow morning.

ACKKK!!!!!

My ds has taken my car to the dealer to see what they can do in the next 2 hours before they close. :rant:

-------------just venting-------------------------

Can you rent a van tonight? The alternative is that two people drive.

I sure wish I could! I just live too far out in the sticks. The closest car rental with vans is about 100 miles from me.

The problem is that the convention fell on the same weekend as our annual church rafting trip. Pretty much all of the other available vehicles will be filled with the dh's and kids, headed out to the river for the day.

Drat!

I'm really just hoping something falls into place with getting my car up and running again. I'm ranting again, but this is why we bought a new car in the first place--so that we wouldn't break down! We only have 24,000 well-maintained miles on it.

Drat again!!

-But thanks sooo much for the commiseration and ideas. :001_smile:

I sure wish I could! I just live too far out in the sticks. The closest car rental with vans is about 100 miles from me.

The problem is that the convention fell on the same weekend as our annual church rafting trip. Pretty much all of the other available vehicles will be filled with the dh's and kids, headed out to the river for the day.

Drat!

I'm really just hoping something falls into place with getting my car up and running again. I'm ranting again, but this is why we bought a new car in the first place--so that we wouldn't break down! We only have 24,000 well-maintained miles on it.

Drat again!!

-But thanks sooo much for the commiseration and ideas. :001_smile:

Train stations and taxis, but that would cost a lot.

Jet

Oh, rats, I hope you get it fixed in time! I'll keep my fingers crossed. Are you going to the VHE conference? I'm going to be there - can't wait!

The mechanic just called--he's anticipating a large repair, and it will definitely not be ready for tomorrow. :confused:

Yes, we were going to the VHE conference. Have you been there before? Of the conventions I've been to, VHE is my favorite. High-caliber speakers, just-right-sized exhibit hall, and only $25 for both days?! It amazes me every year.

There were no rental cars that would hold that many, but my dh wrangled with the dealer (it's a small-town auto dealer) and they finally agreed to loan us a Tahoe that seats 7 (though with no room for the overnight bags except holding them on laps). Then, one gal cancelled out, so now there's one empty space for the overnight bags.

I wish now that I had skipped the worry. I wish I had skipped calling every rental agency within 30 miles.

I'm still *really* glad it worked out, and REALLY glad to still go to the convention!

I'm not going to think about how long my own car will be in the shop--it sounds like a while.

There were no rental cars that would hold that many, but my dh wrangled with the dealer (it's a small-town auto dealer) and they finally agreed to loan us a Tahoe that seats 7 (though with no room for the overnight bags except holding them on laps). Then, one gal cancelled out, so now there's one empty space for the overnight bags.

I wish now that I had skipped the worry. I wish I had skipped calling every rental agency within 30 miles.

I'm still *really* glad it worked out, and REALLY glad to still go to the convention!

I'm not going to think about how long my own car will be in the shop--it sounds like a while.

Woo hoo, you get to go, that is awesome.

JEt

Oh, good, I'm glad you get to go. Yep, I've been going to VHE every year for 5 or 6 years now. Love it!

I sympathize about your car. I just got done spending $700 to get my fuel pump fixed. And now my "Service Engine Soon" light is on, so that means another trip to the garage. Grrr.....

There were no rental cars that would hold that many, but my dh wrangled with the dealer (it's a small-town auto dealer) and they finally agreed to loan us a Tahoe that seats 7 (though with no .

I'm trying to imagine the pack of you barreling down the hiway....do you guys sing?

"I love to go a-wandering

Out on the mountain track

And as I go, I gaily sing

My knapsack on my back"

(or am I just showing my age?)