Menu

Minn/ Wiscon/Northern peeps - how's the weather?

Granny_Weatherwax

While I understand you would like snow for your vacation, please, please, please I beg of you don't wish that infernal stuff on those of us who live here. :tongue_smilie:

Anyways I'm in lower WI and we enjoyed a BEAUTIFUL day in the mid 40's and all the nasty stuff was nicely dripping away. Still some around but there are more bare patches than covered spots. I can't really address northern WI, they are much more likely to have that stuff you are hoping for.

The problem with December is that temps can still hover above freezing sometimes, so even with snowfall there can still be snow melt. I found some trail conditions sites you may not have seen. Looks like they do have some snow on the ground.

http://bwca.cc/activities/snowmobiling/snowmobileconditions.htm

http://www.gunflint-trail.com/things-to-do/winter/trail-conditions/

We're in west central MN, and we definitely have snow here. Tons of it.

According to one website, Ely has three inches of snow at the moment, and it looks like they're set to get more over the next couple days.

http://www.weatherst...-snow-depth.htm

If they don't have enough snow up there, please swing by my house and have some of ours. :D

You need to come further north. Up here we have so much snow this year that you could almost lose a kid out there. No drought for us next year!

I am glad to hear some of you have snow. Yay! Yes, I am being quite selfish and hoping there will be lots of snow by the 27th. No ice, though. I hate driving on ice.

Do you think I will get to see a moose? I have always wanted to see a wild moose. It's silly, I know.

I am glad to hear some of you have snow. Yay! Yes, I am being quite selfish and hoping there will be lots of snow by the 27th. No ice, though. I hate driving on ice.

Do you think I will get to see a moose? I have always wanted to see a wild moose. It's silly, I know.

If you're in my neck of the woods you'll see a moose. I followed a cow and her calf down the road yesterday and we had a young bull having an argument with one of our dogs in the front yard.

Lots of snow. We were snowboarding this weekend. I don't want any more snow though. I hate driving on snowy roads. Worse, I hate driving on the inevitable icy roads that happen after the snow.

Actually... to be honest... I just hate driving. Period.