Menu

Vent: buying last minute gifts from US

Canadianmumof5

Arrghh so frustrated.

I blame the TMNT lego thread a few days back LOL

I ordered from TRUS USA online and even though they now ship international, the lego set was not shippable to here so i had it shipped to a US address just across the border.

Of course i added a few more things as well just to make the trip across the border worth it. Then i made the mistake of looking at Target online and ordered from there as well.

Anyway, when i placed the 3 orders - the delivery dates were dec 14-18. Great. I could go on the 20th and all should be good. But according to recent emails, some are showing as the 21st and lots of it hasn't even shipped yet!!!!!!

And to add insult to injury, they split ship most of the orders so i have WAY more than 3 packages. The pick up place charges me $5/pkg. One item i ordered was just $3.00. - of course it gets shipped all alone so it now cost me $8!!! And even worse, the lego set cane with a free poster and yup, they shipped it solo. So a free poster is actually costing me $5!!!!!

Why, oh why did i do this????

DS6 better jump up and down and be super happy with this TMNT lego!!!

Arrghh so frustrated.

I blame the TMNT lego thread a few days back LOL

I ordered from TRUS USA online and even though they now ship international, the lego set was not shippable to here so i had it shipped to a US address just across the border.

Of course i added a few more things as well just to make the trip across the border worth it. Then i made the mistake of looking at Target online and ordered from there as well.

Anyway, when i placed the 3 orders - the delivery dates were dec 14-18. Great. I could go on the 20th and all should be good. But according to recent emails, some are showing as the 21st and lots of it hasn't even shipped yet!!!!!!

And to add insult to injury, they split ship most of the orders so i have WAY more than 3 packages. The pick up place charges me $5/pkg. One item i ordered was just $3.00. - of course it gets shipped all alone so it now cost me $8!!! And even worse, the lego set cane with a free poster and yup, they shipped it solo. So a free poster is actually costing me $5!!!!!

Why, oh why did i do this????

DS6 better jump up and down and be super happy with this TMNT lego!!!

And that is why I still haven't ordered Beast Academy math yet. But it looks like no one in Canada will ever carry it so I think I'll have to do it when they finish 3D next month.

oh, I so relate to this...

Kolbe shipped the student ID card by mistake to my pick up place. So that would be 3 hours of my time, cost of gas, toll for the bridge, plus 5 $ for the envelop...

Thankfully Kolbe academy was very gracious about it and will ship it to my home address instead.

But yeah, it can be very annoying...

HUGS

If the rest of the stuff hasn't shipped by tomorrow i am def gonna call. If you can believe, the TMNT lego is one of those things still waiting to be shipped! The ONE thing that started this whole shopping disaster is still sitting in some warehouse......

I am never ordering from TRUS again. On the bright side, just got an email from Target that my order (4 items) is now all shipped with a delivery date of dec 18th - exactly what they said when i placed the order. Yaaa Target!!! Except it is in 3 separate shipments LOL

I just checked TRUS shipping FAQ and they basically say that the shipping dates they give when you order are just estimates - not guarantees so too bad so sad.

Maybe i could handle that little policy of theirs any other time of the year but Christmas time!? Are you freaking serious??

I am really disappointed in them :(

Not sure if i should laugh or cry.

Just got an email from a local toy store - they are advertising "Just in! TMNT Lego! Available now in store"

As in available at a store 10 mins from my house.

No need to have ordered from the US at all!!!!!

Argh, how incredibly annoying! That kind of stuff happens to me all the time. Soooooo frustrating!

(Of course, I'm trying to figure out what TMNT means, LOL.)

ETA: Googled it -- I hadn't realized there were Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Legos! That cracks me up, and they're so cute!

I tried to buy Star Wars Legos at TRU during their BOGO 1/2 off sale, but because they mark things up so much, amazon's deals were better.

Since TMNT Legos are in a store close to you now ... can you cancel that part?

Years ago, I ordered a ton of GeoTrax from TRUS, and it was a disaster. They should have been BOGO, but the order was such a train wreck... I don't remember all the details, but almost half of it never made it, and they shipped everything separately, in strange installments, in such a way that I didn't get the BOGO deal on many pieces. It was a mess. I don't order from them anymore.

Crossing fingers for you that all of the gifts arrive in time!