Menu

Help me choose cool Xmas gift for 3 yr. old girl

Alicia64

I've never met my niece. They live several states away, but I love being the favorite aunt because I send her "good" gifts. For her birthday I sent her a twin stroller for her dolls which my SIL said was her favorite gift.

I'd like to find something neat for Xmas.

Any ideas? Btw, I have boys so I don't know that much about the girl toy world.

TIA!

Alley

My 4 year old is getting the pirate ship toy from Jake & the Neverland Pirates. :D

But other than that, we're deeply steeped in the world of My Little Pony (Friendship is Magic) at our house. Is there a particular show/character your niece likes? When mine was 3, she loved Curious George... Do you know what she's into? Baby dolls? playdough? pirates? ;)

She's the perfect age to start on some Schleich toys. Those things are indestructible and my 8yo still plays with them all the time.

:iagree: For a young girl? You can start her on Schleich, Safari, and Papo fairies. There are also lovely accessories for the fairies, like the tree and the lily pad boat (although I know I didn't pay that much!). A combo of some fairies and play silks for scenery (blue for a stream for the boat, greens for rolling hills, pinks and oranges for the sunset going up the side of the couch...).

I have a just turned 4 year old niece. We just bought her the Lalaloopsy Mermaid doll. Her hair turns colors in the water and she's safe for the bathtub. It's going to be a big hit!

My own dd, now 15, was very into baby dolls and My Little Pony. My sister bought her a big pink MLP house and I thought my dd was going to go out of her mind with sheer happiness. She loved it.

Wow I had to look up the Runny Nose baby doll! Too funny. DD is getting a Power Wheels Escalade car, a balance beam and some dolls & accessories for Christmas. Her favorite things are art supplies like oil pastels, paint and Playdoh. She is also obsessed with fairy tales so she is getting a lot of playsets for acting out stories. Good luck getting something cool!

She is also getting the runny nose baby doll, melissa and doug horses and accessories, an innotab 2, and a doll bed for the runny nose baby doll.

Eww! I thought Betsy-Wetsy was kinda' nasty, but this doll puts Betsy to shame. Too funny!

If she lives in a warm area, and money is no object, get her a little bike with training wheels. One of those really little ones. Be sure to send money for a helmet.

Otherwise, you can't go wrong with duplo legos.

My daughters LOVE their little strollers. Something like this. The two year old makes daddy bring them BOTH in from the garage when she sees them, and the 6yo STILL plays with hers after all these years.

A tea set. Make it plastic rather than china for easy and durable cleaning.

Cariboo Island

Roll and Play

Leappad 2 with app gift cards! if there isn't a budget and they are ok with tech toys. The Leappads are $100 with a few games already on it. But new games are $5-$25 each.

Anything Bitty Baby. Mine have all begged for the changing table, the crib is cute too.

My three year old is loving playdough.

:iagree: For a young girl? You can start her on Schleich, Safari, and Papo fairies. There are also lovely accessories for the fairies, like the tree and the lily pad boat (although I know I didn't pay that much!). A combo of some fairies and play silks for scenery (blue for a stream for the boat, greens for rolling hills, pinks and oranges for the sunset going up the side of the couch...).

My 3 almost 4 year old loves her Schleich faires, dinosaurs and horses. Big hit here.

My niece will be 4 in a month and we got her the Learning Resources Cash Register.

She is also VERY into dinosaurs, so I'm planning some of the Schleich dinos for her fourth birthday.

You can't go wrong with Duplos either. For over a year, that's been tops with her too.

Most of the 3 year old girls and boy I know are huge dinosaur fans.

DD also loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Doc McStuffins (she adores the Doc McStuffins doctor kit she got for hannukah, she's slept with the stethoscope the last two nights), Zoobles, Littlest Petshop, Squinkies, Hello Kitty and My Little Pony.