Menu

Kidney stones, UTI, flu, Aunt Flo -- Now I just want a little pity.

Sahamamama

We spent Monday night in the ER.

EIGHT HOURS. Enter waiting room at 9:30 pm to 12:30 am. Get put in a room for an hour. See the ONE doctor who is there for 2 minutes. Wait one hour. CAT scan. Wait two hours. See doctor for 2 more minutes. Wait one hour. Go home. Sleep for two hours. Start Tuesday.

We functioned fairly well yesterday, husband to work and the girls and I did school (yes, we did). I actually felt better, since the stone(s) had passed. I'm on an antibiotic for the UTI and Toradol for any pain.

Yesterday, Aunt Flo stopped by for a visit.

Last night, I think I got the flu. Chills, fever, profound nausea, and "painful skin" all night. :ack2:

This morning, I could not function. Hubby is at work since 5 am, can't come home, and my darling mother came over to get the girls.

I slept for an hour. Drank ginger ale. Ate a cookie. So far, it's staying down.

I just want some pity. Say something sweet, LOL. :nopity:

:lol:

Thanks for the pity! :)

It turns out I do NOT have the flu -- no respiratory symptoms. My symptoms -- chills, fever, nausea, sweats, painful skin, sore muscles, weakness -- were all the result of the UTI. Go figure.

The fever finally broke last night, and I'm feeling better today. Weak, a bit dizzy at times, still not eating anything except crackers and grape juice (communion, LOL), but better.

Thanks for the pity! :)

It turns out I do NOT have the flu -- no respiratory symptoms. My symptoms -- chills, fever, nausea, sweats, painful skin, sore muscles, weakness -- were all the result of the UTI. Go figure.

The fever finally broke last night, and I'm feeling better today. Weak, a bit dizzy at times, still not eating anything except crackers and grape juice (communion, LOL), but better.

I know. Isn't that awful?

hope you feel better soon. Thank your lucky stars that you have a relative close enough to help. I don't. It stinks.

I know. Isn't that awful?

hope you feel better soon. Thank your lucky stars that you have a relative close enough to help. I don't. It stinks.

Yes, I am blessed. My father (80) went out and got my prescriptions. My mother (76) watched the girls all day, after she had stayed with them on Monday night while we were at the ER until 6 am.

I know it. Thanks for the reminder.

And, I hope and pray that someone in your life now will develop into that kind of support system.

Yes, I am blessed. My father (80) went out and got my prescriptions. My mother (76) watched the girls all day, after she had stayed with them on Monday night while we were at the ER until 6 am.

I know it. Thanks for the reminder.

And, I hope and pray that someone in your life now will develop into that kind of support system.

thanks!