Menu

Anyone ever go to the movies by yourself?

As a matter of fact I actually prefer to go alone. My dh works a lot, but Tuesday is his day off, so he usually gives me at least half the day to myself. (I know - he's a gem.) A lot of times if there's anything I want to see I'll just go by myself then.

Yes, I have done that before. I was off work for illness long before ds was born. I went quite often. I remember watching "Schindler's List" by myself. The rest of the theatre was middle aged women (I wasn't one then). We all cried throughout the movie, I wanted to hug them all when we left, I felt like we bonded although we never spoke.

I actually prefer to go alone, no distractions.

As others have said, I love the freedom to see anything I want, without worrying about imposing on another person. I love the fact that, for two hours, I don't have to take anyone to the bathroom or explain anything to anyone or shuuush anyone or think about anything other than enjoying the flick.

And I don't even have to share the popcorn.

My problem is there are so few movies I ever want to see anymore. But this used to be one of my favorite breaks.

I love going to a movie by myself, although I haven't been able to find time in way too long! There is something just so relaxing about being able to watch a movie without even thinking about the person next to you. I would go to see Mama Mia alone in a heartbeat!

I have 2x. Both times I felt ridiculously awkward buying the ticket, getting the *small* popcorn and locating the "seat for 1, please". The seat, however was very easy to find :) and once the movie started, I didn't notice anyone else at all. The second was easier than the first and I look forward to the third. (if ever anyone leaves me alone long enough to enjoy a third :D)

In a heartbeat sister. Being able to enjoy a movie without answering questions, getting the popcorn all to yourself. Need I say more? You go girl.

:iagree: I might just go to the same movie myself. Dh would never go see it and we would have to find a sitter (new in town and know no one).

I really want to see Momma Mia

Dh and ds do not, and all my friends are busy with work, camps, taking kids places, vacation etc. I have never gone to the movies alone...but I am tempted as this looks like a fun movie.

I don't. In fact the ONLY thing I'd prefer to do alone is go to the bathroom (but with my littles that rarely happens).

All the other women in my family, though, are all do it yourself kind of gals.