Menu

Christmas boys' pajamas

Every year, I try to buy my twin ds Christmas pj's to open on Christmas Eve. They're 8 yo. We usually need pj's anyway, so it feels like a happy use of a present. However, it's a PITA every year because I can't find one brand at a reasonable price that makes two different Christmasy or wintery patterns for boys. Like, somewhere like Old Navy or Children's Place will have one that's Christmas/winter themed and that's it unless you count snowboarders saying "radical!" or something. That's the other problem. We're not big fans of camo, skulls, etc. and my kids don't do any winter sports so I think they would find a snowboarding theme not very Christmasy. Not an objection really, just not my sweeties' style so skulls with Santa hats aren't really their thing and a lot of the boy stuff is like that.

Any thoughts? I feel like the Hive always knows so before I went very far with my search this year, I thought I'd ask here. It can be just pajama bottoms or two piece pj's.

These completely crack me up. They have other holiday jammmies at Hannah too. I ordered them for my 12 yo (they were on sale a bit ago!). He won't like them, but I got the girl Santa night gown for my 8 year old and she's going to flip having the both of them in those jammies. SOOOO worth the eye rolling I'm going to get from 12 yo. :smilielol5: I always get my kids a pair of nice cozy jammies for Christmas. MOst of their pajamas are junky hand me downs.

http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?from=SC|4|6|8|310|7||&simg=38178_56Q

Children's Place has the same pj but in four different boy colors this year and are currently on sale for $10 (at the store); your choice of red, blue, green or pink with snowman on them. http://www.childrensplace.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_-1_946844_697684_26601%7C133201_boy%7Csleep%20&%20underwear_boy

The other thing I usually do, as I shop for my son and his boy cousin (and the four girls) is that I will get christmas plaid pants but get them different colors tops, one red and one green for example. Lands End is usually good for this but jcp can be too. Occasionally I will find something at Kohls, as well. All though this year I've had the most trouble ever. I ended up getting the two boys identical pjs.

My kids have always worn Hanna pjs and they are seriously the best. They wear like crazy, are usually organic, super soft, and very cute. I highly recommend them. I always get many years' wear out of them for each kids. DS6 is tall and in size 130 right now, and they'll still fit him next year (and he wore 130s last year also).

Also note that you can call their outlet stores to see if they have holiday pajamas. They are usually around $18/pair at the outlets.

Example - my dd wore these when she was very little (for a Halloween costume initially, then later as pajamas). After wearing them for 2-3 years, my son wore them for 3 years (note, these are probably size 100 or something like that).

400334_10150454535736566_39699333_n.jpg

And of course there is nothing cuter than matching Hannas at Christmas, last year:

2011-christmas-tree.jpg

These completely crack me up. They have other holiday jammmies at Hannah too. I ordered them for my 12 yo (they were on sale a bit ago!). He won't like them, but I got the girl Santa night gown for my 8 year old and she's going to flip having the both of them in those jammies. SOOOO worth the eye rolling I'm going to get from 12 yo. :smilielol5: I always get my kids a pair of nice cozy jammies for Christmas. MOst of their pajamas are junky hand me downs.

http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?from=SC|4|6|8|310|7||&simg=38178_56Q

Our boys and my niece are getting the St. Nick pajamas complete with Santa hats this year! They are expenive, but we usually buy ours during the fall sale. I agree with the PP about their durability. Some of our Hanna's have been worn by all the kids. They also have resale value.

My oldest also has polar bear PJs from Osh Kosh (he's tall and size eight, and I think they to up to 12. I don't think Carter's is that big.) I haven't looked recently, but they usually have a few good options.

Those pictures are darling Tammy! My kids usually get 3 years out of their Hannah jammies and my daughter is definitely wearing the hand me downs too. I've been super happy with their quality.

My daughter is getting the Santa hat for the Hannah jammies too! Squeeee! :001_wub: She saw them in the catelog and went nuts.

Plain red and green would be okay. I could applique them too.

I'm torn. The Hanna Andersson winter robot ones that are one sale are nice and while I will NOT pay nearly $50 for a single pair of pj's, I can do $28, I guess... but $11 shipping... Ack. $67 still seems like a lot for pj's that are just an "extra" gift. We get most of our pj's from the thrift store. But if I don't get them now, they'll certainly sell out within the next few days. Decisions, decisions. Getting the Children's Place ones would be much cheaper, especially as I could walk up there and just buy them.

I wish I could have found some on Etsy. There had cute ones... but the vast majority were for toddlers, as is usually the case on Etsy with clothes. Or were custom orders and I think I would have needed to order more in advance.

At least you guys gave me some more options! Thanks!

Plain red and green would be okay. I could applique them too.

I'm torn. The Hanna Andersson winter robot ones that are one sale are nice and while I will NOT pay nearly $50 for a single pair of pj's, I can do $28, I guess... but $11 shipping... Ack. $67 still seems like a lot for pj's that are just an "extra" gift. We get most of our pj's from the thrift store. But if I don't get them now, they'll certainly sell out within the next few days. Decisions, decisions. Getting the Children's Place ones would be much cheaper, especially as I could walk up there and just buy them.

I wish I could have found some on Etsy. There had cute ones... but the vast majority were for toddlers, as is usually the case on Etsy with clothes. Or were custom orders and I think I would have needed to order more in advance.

At least you guys gave me some more options! Thanks!

Hanna shipping hurts, I know. I got an email today for an additional 15% off, if that'll help!

My kids have always worn Hanna pjs and they are seriously the best. They wear like crazy, are usually organic, super soft, and very cute. I highly recommend them. I always get many years' wear out of them for each kids. DS6 is tall and in size 130 right now, and they'll still fit him next year (and he wore 130s last year also).

Also note that you can call their outlet stores to see if they have holiday pajamas. They are usually around $18/pair at the outlets.

Example - my dd wore these when she was very little (for a Halloween costume initially, then later as pajamas). After wearing them for 2-3 years, my son wore them for 3 years (note, these are probably size 100 or something like that).

400334_10150454535736566_39699333_n.jpg

And of course there is nothing cuter than matching Hannas at Christmas, last year:

2011-christmas-tree.jpg

This is so weird!!!! This is my house! Seriously! We have that rug. Our entryway is this color and our stairs look exactly alike. That's not where we put our tree though!

Anyway, VERY cute picture. It looks like it's an ad!

This is so weird!!!! This is my house! Seriously! We have that rug. Our entryway is this color and our stairs look exactly alike. That's not where we put our tree though!

Anyway, VERY cute picture. It looks like it's an ad!

That's funny Jennifer! We actually put our tree in a different room this year (in the family room).

I've found that in recent years it's easier to get a plaid than an overtly Christmas look. The thing is, the Christmas ones have a limited selling season - no one is going to buy them after Dec. 25. Whereas the plaid ones, if not sold by Christmas, can still be basic winter pajamas selling in January and February. We needed in-your-face Christmas ones two years back for a costume, and didn't find any at all. We ended up cutting up and re-making a hand-me-down pair to get what we needed.

Is that your house in the picture? Wow, it's a beautiful house and a beautiful picture. I thought it was from a catalog or something, it seemed so perfect!

Thank you for the sweet words! It's our house. Well, actually, it's our rental house. It's definitely not perfect, but when you have Christmas lights and matching pjs, everything looks great :) We're military and will be hopefully making our final move in 15 months, when we can finally buy our own and settle down! I take a Christmas tree photo every year, and it's so much fun!

I agree. Tammy's house looks awesome. And I think my mother has that rug. My mother's house is similarly awesome looking all the time. All the pictures I have of my kids decorating the tree have boxes littered around them where the ornaments were and probably show the places where the century old molding has gotten all messed up.

I ended up getting these Monster decorating a tree ones and these Yeti ones from Children's Place. With free shipping, they came to less than half the cute sale ones from Hanna and I still don't have to walk up there. I love the way the matching ones looked in Tammy's picture... but I just never am able to do that to my twins. If they were brothers of a different age then that would be one thing, but identical twins in the same outfit feels wrong to me.

Thanks, guys. :)