Menu

Settle an argument (from the "In a Pickle" game)

Which would you place as the "larger" word  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you place as the "larger" word during a game of "In a Pickle"

• HOPE
    • FEAR

"In a Pickle" is a word game where you form series of rows based on cards of nouns that get progressively "larger". All cards are open to interpretation.

For example, you can have the word "lawyer" at the top of a row. Someone can then play the word "jam" on top of it because it is indeed possible to put a lawyer in a jam. That leaves the word "jam" on top. The next player can then play the word "sandwich" because you can put jam in a sandwich, and thus, sandwich is bigger in that situation.

The idea is that the smaller word would fit into the word that is placed on top of it. Another example would be the word "universe". A player could play the word "dictionary" on top of that because universe is in fact a word that would be in a dictionary. :-P In that same row, in a different turn, someone could play "Earth" underneath "universe" because it would fit inside "universe".

I hope this is making sense. :p

Anyways, long question short. I need y'all to settle an argument. 2 words: HOPE, FEAR Which would you place as the "larger" one. Again, you can use any context or interpretation of either word. I'd love to hear your explanation. Of course, there's not really a right or wrong answer but a group does need to come to a consensus. :unsure:

In the game I think it depends on what the person says. For instance if they have fear bigger and say, "Hope comes out of fear," then I think they get that. The other way with hope being bigger than fear is the more standard way, but this second way is the universe is in the dictionary way and it should count.