Menu

S/O Ageing gracefully- what's your favourite wrinkle cream?

I only use Clinique products. Lots of allergies and seems to work best. I love All about eyes and have used it for at least 15 years sporadically. I mix it with repairwear now. Honestly I use my bonus products up. The one I spend money on is repairwear.

Considering the huge amount of sun bathing I have done I have decent skin for 49.

Prescription Retin A, or the generic version.

:iagree:

Based on all the research and reading I've done over the years, I think this is the best. I use it every few nights and alternate with Paula's Choice BHA. I've only just started Rx-strength Retin-A. So far, so good.

The best and #1 thing is to avoid the sun and/ or to wear a high SPF facial sunscreen or a wide brimmed hat when in the sun. Even if you already have wrinkles-- at least you won't cause more damage. Something like 90% of visible skin aging is caused by the sun.

I've found vaseline and lanolin cream to make my skin feel amazing but you have to put it on at night and wipe off the excess. I think it was Lucy Liu who said her mom uses vaseline on her face every night and looks amazing? But #1 is sunscreen and sun avoidance. Retin A might be good but that makes you even more sensitive to the sun so personally I'd never use it.

I use lanolin cream (the stuff for BFing moms) on my lips all the time and sometimes around my eyes at night. The generic CVS brand is relatively cheap.

The only thing I've used on my face for awhile now--morning or night--is a coconut oil and cocoa butter cream. Those are the only two ingredients, though it's mostly just coconut oil. It has made a real difference in my skin. I do not find it oily and I wear it under makeup, too.

ETA: I know you didn't ask about supplements, but I think a silica supplement is worth looking into (along with a good multi and plenty of good fats, like a high-quality fish oil). I have taken Biosil off and on. I say off and on because I'm just bad at remembering to take supplements, aside from my multi and DHA, and I'm currently pregnant (so I tend to skip things that say "if pregnant or breastfeeding ask your doctor..."). So I don't have any long-term anecdotal experience, but the studies they have look good.

Edited by BrookValley

My favorites are:

Coconut oil and St. Ives Timeless Skin

Another thing that works very well for increasing skin moisture is a once weekly warm honey mask. I gently heat a little raw honey, massage it in, let it sit for 10-15 minutes, then rinse with warm water. Sticky, but leaves the skin looking really good! (and it smells great while you're doing it!)

I love Olay Regenerist. I also use Makeup Artists Choice (muac.com) for Mandelic Acid Peel, Glycoluronic Acid, and Retinol .30%. All are excellent and inexpensive and have reduced my wrinkles, acne scarring and discoloration due to sun.

I always stayed away from peels. Do they make you literally peel and red? I did see someone who had obviously used something and she was pretty red and not so good looking.

I love Olay Regenerist..

I love the eye cream. It really is amazingly good stuff. I have the face cream too, but my face is this hideous mix of pimples, dry eczema type patches, oily skin, and fine lines. It's like I never out grow the teen phase, I just add the next phase to it.:glare: Anyways, if I use the cream more than every second or third night - my face practically oozes oils. Ick.

Also, it's not for wrinkles, but most things make my face either burn, peel, or break out and Bare Minerals make up does not and the cover is great, even, and lasts a while with very little effect on my face. Even if I fall asleep with it on, it's not that bad. Every other make up didn't cover well and if I wore more than an hour or so, my face suffered the fallout for days.

Also, it's not for wrinkles, but most things make my face either burn, peel, or break out and Bare Minerals make up does not and the cover is great, even, and lasts a while with very little effect on my face. Even if I fall asleep with it on, it's not that bad. Every other make up didn't cover well and if I wore more than an hour or so, my face suffered the fallout for days.

I use this! Or actually, now that I've moved to Australia I use a different brand called Nude by Nature which is natural and easy to find in stores here. Just love it, will never go back to a cream foundation.