Menu

Dear Craigslist Sellers...

please post your pictures right side up. Surely if you can download a photo from your camera/iphone then you can rotate the dang thing before posting it online!

and... don't say you can email me photos. Post them instead. Why waste more of my time on something I may not be looking for. :glare:

pet peeve rant off.....

please post measurements. I need to know if your bookcase will fit. (I have lots of books.).

please label items correctly. a chest of drawers and a dresser are two different things. and a nightstand is neither . . . . .

oh, and just becasue a piece has a known brand name and is heavy doesn't mean it's solid wood. particle board is quite heavy. Just becaue you (over) paid $3000 for it doesn't mean it's not particle board with a thin wood veneer on it.

please post measurements. I need to know if your bookcase will fit. (I have lots of books.).

please label items correctly. a chest of drawers and a dresser are two different things. and a nightstand is neither . . . . .

oh, and just becasue a piece has a known brand name and is heavy doesn't mean it's solid wood. particle board is quite heavy. Just becaue you (over) paid $3000 for it doesn't mean it's not particle board with a thin wood veneer on it.

oh yeah... I've seen a lot of that. The most often lately has been "chest of drawers or buffet" Umm... and chest of drawers and a buffet are two different things and don't even belong in the same room! :001_huh:

Along the same lines:

Dear agents and owners that list property either for sale or for rent online...if you do not post a picture, some of us wil refuse to even consider. If you only post a picture of the front of the house, there may be a slim chance...slim also if you only post a picture of one rom. I WANT PICTURES showing me the whole nine yards so I don't waste my time!

Also, that item you just posted is not "for sell," and I'm not going to "sale" you anything. (Maybe that's just a local thing? I don't know why those words would cause any confusion, but they seem to around here.)

I see it here too. "I will not start a writer's rant", "I will not start a writer's rant", "I will not . . . " :svengo:

(I'm on a writer's forum, and when some posts their writer's rant, off it goes . . . . ")

and that window is NOT a "mosaic".

Also, that item you just posted is not "for sell," and I'm not going to "sale" you anything. (Maybe that's just a local thing? I don't know why those words would cause any confusion, but they seem to around here.)

I have only ever seen these words switched on homeschooling boards. It's funny every single time.

And the claim that you paid $3000 in 1993 does not make your dated overstuffed floral and stripe pastel living room set worth $2000, 19 years later.

If it is on the ikea or target website claiming that it's a "high quality piece " and trying to sell it for the same or more than full retail is only gonna earn you bad karma for lying.

Unless the item is very cheap, no one is going to come to look at or buy your crib or bunk bed or what not if the only pictures are of dusty disassembled pieces wedged in between other junk in your basement or garage. If you want $300 for a bunk bed, you need to be showing an assembled picture, even if it is just set up on your yard for a minute to snap the pic. At least then we can be more sure you have the pieces and the hardware and can find everything.

Edited by kijipt

Oh and I know it sucks but the value of your huge, even if truly high quality and nice, entertainment or computer cabinets/armoires has fallen for the same reason you are getting rid of it. Flat screens and small computers are the name of the game. Reposting the same huge footprint computer or TV cabinet over and over again isn't going to find you a buyer willing to pay $500 for your outmoded furniture piece. Most people buying them are either going to be repurposing the wood or adapting the piece for something else. They are a dime a dozen these days. Sorry.