Menu

s/o of the Playmobil purge thread. What Playmobil might you be BUYING this Christmas?

See, *I* would love the zoo. My oldest son would have loved anything animal. YDS, however, only wants people and only people that are emergency workers or occasionally construction workers. I have thought of showing him the spy stuff. He won't like it if it isn't VERY realistic (so no robot type things.) The car looks cool, though. :auto:

My son loves the spy sets he got for Christmas last year. This year he has some "future planet" sets he has his eye on.

My daughter is much less picky and loves EVERYTHING playmobil. She can't decide if she wants african safari or wildlife stuff, camping/vacation sets, or a dragon knights set. She has a catalog and goes through that thing over and over again looking at all the cool stuff. I need to get her to narrow it down!

I bought some of the Ancient Egyptian stuff on clearance and I'll be giving some of it at Christmas to both kids (DD 7 and DS 4). I think I'll keep some back for a birthday later in the year. I've also got a few guys to add to DS's pirate sets and DD's fairy and mermaid sets. My dd loves the fairies and mermaids she has but she asked for "bad guys" so that the games have more conflict. She loves to set everything up but then doesn't always have a story to play because all the fairies are "so nice" that nothing interesting ever happens. She wants some figures that are specifically bad. I think I got the "bad mermaid" and maybe another random bad guy (a knight or ghost pirate?--can't remember now).

We've never owned playmobile. What's the best age for it? I have several ages, so surely it would work for one of them!

Ages? 3, 5 and 7 :D if your sig is up to date. They probably say not for 3 year olds on the box due to small parts. There are lots of very little pieces.

I bought some of the Ancient Egyptian stuff on clearance and I'll be giving some of it at Christmas to both kids (DD 7 and DS 4). I think I'll keep some back for a birthday later in the year. I've also got a few guys to add to DS's pirate sets and DD's fairy and mermaid sets. My dd loves the fairies and mermaids she has but she asked for "bad guys" so that the games have more conflict. She loves to set everything up but then doesn't always have a story to play because all the fairies are "so nice" that nothing interesting ever happens. She wants some figures that are specifically bad. I think I got the "bad mermaid" and maybe another random bad guy (a knight or ghost pirate?--can't remember now).

I really wanted to do this- the Egypt stuff, but it looks like I missed the pyramid. Maybe we'll get the sphinx. I was planning on buying it next year to go with out history studies...I'm really bummed about this. More so than I should be.

Oh, I bought DD a bunch of the mermaid stuff this summer. They had them at Burke's really cheap :) I was afraid she was too old for them (10), but she loves mermaids. She plays with them occasionally. I wish we had a better area for storing them and getting them out to play. They are kind of a PITB to wrangle out right now.

My daughter has been begging for the horse set that comes in it's own carrying case. We have gotten several of these sets, and to be honest, they really do have a lot inside for only $15-20. The vet is the one that sold me on these little cases. Those adorable hamsters melt my heart.

DD would probably like the vet set. She has too much on her Christmas list as it is, though. Hers is always double what the boys have on theirs because there are so many cute girly toys that I would've loved :tongue_smilie: I'm trying to pare her down, this year, instead of buying the boys more junk to make it equal :lol:

I really wanted to do this- the Egypt stuff' date=' but it looks like I missed the pyramid. Maybe we'll get the sphinx. I was planning on buying it next year to go with out history studies...I'm really bummed about this. More so than I should be.[/quote']

They have discontinued the Egyptian stuff but they still have some of it on the site for a good deal. I just checked and it looks like this is what is left:

This is a bundle with the Sphinx, soldiers, robbers with camels (I bought this bundle before but it had some other pieces in it--at a higher price, but they must have sold out):

http://store.playmobilusa.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-US-Site/en_US/Product-Show?pid=US1203E&cgid=US_BUNDLES

Temple. For some reason this is in the add-ons category. It says it may have been part of a different set and might come without a box. I had it sent to my mom's so I don't know how ours came.

http://store.playmobilusa.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-US-Site/en_US/Product-Show?pid=4243&cgid=Ds_Roemer

Then of course because I had bought the other pieces, I really wanted the pyramid and playmobil doesn't have it on their site any longer. I tracked on down on this site. The site looked a little odd and is in Canada, but they have the pyramid and I took a chance and ordered it. I had it sent to my mom's and haven't seen it, but I asked her to open the box when it arrived and she said it was the pyramid and everything was just fine. It actually came incredibly quickly from Canada and for a pretty reasonable shipping charge. The only other option seems to be ebay, which is hit or miss, but I bet you could find a good deal if you were patient.

http://www.volumesdirect.com/detail.aspx?ID=4392

Edited by weddell

I have a bunch of things tucked away for DD's birthday - house stuff (laundry / office), school stuff (cafeteria - which I'm sure she'll use as a supermarket), and a hen house. I imagine it will get drawn into the whole pony/bunny/sylvannian world she has going.

They have discontinued the Egyptian stuff but they still have some of it on the site for a good deal. I just checked and it looks like this is what is left:

This is a bundle with the Sphinx, soldiers, robbers with camels (I bought this bundle before but it had some other pieces in it--at a higher price, but they must have sold out):

http://store.playmobilusa.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-US-Site/en_US/Product-Show?pid=US1203E&cgid=US_BUNDLES

Temple. For some reason this is in the add-ons category. It says it may have been part of a different set and might come without a box. I had it sent to my mom's so I don't know how ours came.

http://store.playmobilusa.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-US-Site/en_US/Product-Show?pid=4243&cgid=Ds_Roemer

Then of course because I had bought the other pieces, I really wanted the pyramid and playmobil doesn't have it on their site any longer. I tracked on down on this site. The site looked a little odd and is in Canada, but they have the pyramid and I took a chance and ordered it. I had it sent to my mom's and haven't seen it, but I asked her to open the box when it arrived and she said it was the pyramid and everything was just fine. It actually came incredibly quickly from Canada and for a pretty reasonable shipping charge. The only other option seems to be ebay, which is hit or miss, but I bet you could find a good deal if you were patient.

http://www.volumesdirect.com/detail.aspx?ID=4392

Thanks! I'm going to check that out!

• 3 weeks later...

If you have a Tuesday Morning store near you, check them out for the Egyptian sets (and others). I've seen some big sets there for great prices. My kids are older now so I'm not actively collecting anymore and it is VERY hard to pass up those sets.

I've also seen some good sets at TJ Maxx and Marshalls.

Thanks!!!!

I just got a free dollhouse, needless to say our local Teacher store has a toy store!

30% off today.

I found a Princess mommy with furniture and a baby!

We will slowly fill the house with Play Mobil!