Menu

What could I add to this pasta salad?

This needs to be a gluten-free, dairy/casein free salad. Here's what I've got so far:

Mrs. Leeper's corn pasta

black beans (maybe?)

black olives

red onion

cucumber

Annie's Naturals roasted red pepper vinaigrette (label says gluten free)

I'm going to the store to get peppers. What else would go with this and add some more color? (The pasta is the kind that's colored with vegetables, so there's a bit of variation.)

Thanks! :)

This needs to be a gluten-free, dairy/casein free salad. Here's what I've got so far:

Mrs. Leeper's corn pasta

black beans (maybe?)

black olives

red onion

cucumber

I'm going to the store to get peppers. What else would go with this and add some more color? (The pasta is the kind that's colored with vegetables, so there's a bit of variation.)

Orange or yellow bell peppers. (I don't know what casein-free is, so forgive me if this doesn't work.)

I like black beans, but I think they might be too heavy for a spiral pasta. I like to add diced green olives with pimentos and pepperoni or chopped bacon instead. The black olives and very thinly sliced red onions or Vidalia onions if you can find them now. Yum. I make my own Italian dressing with olive oil, cider vinegar, some splenda and oregano. It sounds like your good to go ;)

No one has mentioned spices, but rosemary and thyme are my faves, especially rosemary--goes so well with pasta--which I can't eat either!

If you are looking for gluten free in the future, check out shiritaki noodles--they are supposed to be the new miracle noodles. Especially shirtaki tofu noodles. These are a plant derivative, almost pure fiber, expand in your stomach so that you become more full after eating them, and are supposed to be great. You don't even have to cook them--just run under hot water.

I read something right after I discovered I had diabetes, and I have found it to be very true. Most people don't really like pasta--we like the sauces we put on them. I have found things like spaghetti squash (which I love on its own, or sprayed with that no cal, no fat spray parkay thing), shredded zucchini, etc, is just as good! Same for nachos or pizza (well, pretty much for pizza), I use portabello mushrooms or eggplant--what I really like is the cheese and sauces (although you have to watch tomato sauce for the sugar--just use canned tomatoes)--delicious!!!

Mrs. Leeper's corn pasta

black beans (maybe?)

black olives

red onion

cucumber

Cold cooked broccoli is my favorite addition to pasta salad.