Menu

Homecoming

I think what we are having a hard time with is that these kids have "Chapel Day" on Wednesdays, so they wear khakis, dress shirts, and ties one day a week, and they have to wear the tie, and they have to wear it all day.

So they are wearing something every week that would otherwise seem great for Homecoming, but it seems like Homecoming should be a "step up" from that. The girls will wear fancier dresses to homecoming then they would on Wednesdays.

But the next step up, I guess, is a dinner jacket. And I hate to think what it would cost me to buy dinner jackets for two boys who will wear them once and then outgrow them.

I think what we are having a hard time with is that these kids have "Chapel Day" on Wednesdays, so they wear khakis, dress shirts, and ties one day a week, and they have to wear the tie, and they have to wear it all day.

So they are wearing something every week that would otherwise seem great for Homecoming, but it seems like Homecoming should be a "step up" from that. The girls will wear fancier dresses to homecoming then they would on Wednesdays.

But the next step up, I guess, is a dinner jacket. And I hate to think what it would cost me to buy dinner jackets for two boys who will wear them once and then outgrow them.

Can you just rent them?

Last year here in Connecticut, Molly's date wore dark dress pants, a white button down shirt and a tie that matched her dress. She said that was pretty much the norm. Not sure about this year-- we ordered her dress tonight but no date yet! ;)

astrid

Edited by astrid
just checked a pic and I had the color wrong-- not khakis!

I was wondering the same thing about girls! My dd14 chose a dress that is just beyond fingertip length with her hands down by her sides. The top is like a halter top but the straps are more than 3 fingers wide. Her shoulders will be bare. I was worried she was going to be too dressy with her heels, but I guess not.

Guest Micmoore

My daughter had homecoming over the weekend. The girls wore cocktail type dresses. Most of the boys had on black slacks, black dress shoes, a dark shirt (black, grey or silver) with a tie that matched the girls dress. My daughter wore a black and silver dress and her date wore black pants, a grey shirt with a black and grey tie. They looked great and it made for very nice pictures.