Menu

Excuse me while I burn the laundry pile.

It should only create 8 or 9 foot flames. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I don't know when I lost it, or how I lost it, or where I lost it, but some how, some way, I have lost my ability to manage my house and the neanderthals - excuse me, I mean "male homo sapiens" - that live within it.

I would be out at the fire pit now gleefully throwing their clothes on the fire if it were not for the fact that my parents live two blocks north and my brother lives one block east so for certain one of them would call the ambulance to pick up a psyche patient.

Sigh....I swear with God as my witness that if Dh pulls one more "I have a meeting tomorrow, is my favorite white shirt ready?" pronouncements at bedtime ever again, I will lose it and the next boy that decides to horde wet towels in his room, is going to face the alien that exploded from Sigourney Weaver's chest in that space movie. The males in this house are living with Leviathan!

If I end up off the boards for months, you'll know where to find me...at some hospital in Michigan staring at the walls, drooling, totally catatonic, with Dh telling the psychiatrist that one minute I was fine and the next minute certifiably insane over the laundry.

I wonder if dd can sneak some Adivan from the ambulance drug box for me????? Better not ask, she's got that snarky medical license thingy that authorizes her to haul me to the ER in restraints.

Maybe I'll have a really good dream in which the rest of my family runs off to join a nudist colony and leaves me here, alone.

Faith

Faith, :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: but your post was quite comical!!!!

I say BURN THOSE MALE'S CLOTHES!!!!! I remember how awful they smell!!!! And my sons ALWAYS hoarded towels. :glare:

My dh used to do the same. After telling him a million times to give me a little more notice and he didn't, I stopped doing last minute requests. :)

Maybe I'll have a really good dream in which the rest of my family runs off to join a nudist colony and leaves me here, alone.

Faith

:blink: YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING! You are going to dream about THEM going to the nudist colony and leaving YOU there alone with all the laundry?

:lol:

Honestly, I can totally relate. After being gone for 2 wks I don't even know where to start.:tongue_smilie: I convinced myself that what I really needed today was a nap, that everything else would be waiting for me when I woke up and sure enough.:auto:

:blink: YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING! You are going to dream about THEM going to the nudist colony and leaving YOU there alone with all the laundry?

Oh, yes, because I can throw all of their clothes on the burn pile, roast marshmallows over it, and peacefully contemplate NOT doing their laundry ever again! Run away, little nudists! Run away..... :D

Faith

Can I add our laundry? Please? Though I worry that the massive pile dropping atop the flames would extinguish your bonfire. :glare:

We don't have a washer and dryer in our duplex, so we have to go to the laundromat. Thirteen dollars to wash and dry one sackful of clothes. As you can imagine, we have quite a pile.

Can I add our laundry? Please? Though I worry that the massive pile dropping atop the flames would extinguish your bonfire. :glare:

We don't have a washer and dryer in our duplex, so we have to go to the laundromat. Thirteen dollars to wash and dry one sackful of clothes. As you can imagine, we have quite a pile.

You have my sympathies!!!

Any way you can get a washer and dryer on time from Sears? Years ago, right after we bought our first house, and didn't have our own washer and dryer, I went to the laundry mat for a few weeks....... The day the wind blew the laundrymat door and hurt my foot, then the wind blew the trunk lid on my head..... was the day I screamed I was going to Sears. Actually, the payment was about the same as going to the laundrymat!

I don't know how old your kids are, but have you considered teaching them to do their own laundry? My kids have done their own for YEARS. My youngest is nearly 13, but even when he was about four or five he washed his with his brother's (six years older) and helped put it away.

I will wash an item of theirs with mine if I'm doing mine anyway and they really need something, and I wash their bedding and towels, though they make their own beds and fold towels for me.

I think telling someone at BEDTIME that you need a certain shirt the next morning is terribly inconsiderate. That person should wash his/her own shirt at that point.

When they were younger, I'd wash their clothes by bedroom...two kids sharing a bedroom got their clothes washed together. It was MUCH easier that way. Whatever I washed got taken back to ONE room.

I hope that helps a little. I had a ton of extra laundry this week (camping) and I do remember doing everyone's, so I feel for you.

You have my sympathies!!!

Any way you can get a washer and dryer on time from Sears? Years ago, right after we bought our first house, and didn't have our own washer and dryer, I went to the laundry mat for a few weeks....... The day the wind blew the laundrymat door and hurt my foot, then the wind blew the trunk lid on my head..... was the day I screamed I was going to Sears. Actually, the payment was about the same as going to the laundrymat!

We don't even have a w/d hookup in our half of the duplex. I have seriously considered on multiple occasions heading to the antique store for a washboard and tub setup.

We don't even have a w/d hookup in our half of the duplex. I have seriously considered on multiple occasions heading to the antique store for a washboard and tub setup.

Mergath, have you considered any of the mini washers that are supposedly ideal for dorms, apts., etc...? (No washer hook-up needed.) I've never used one. Maybe someone who has can comment?

It should only create 8 or 9 foot flames. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I don't know when I lost it, or how I lost it, or where I lost it, but some how, some way, I have lost my ability to manage my house and the neanderthals - excuse me, I mean "male homo sapiens" - that live within it.

I would be out at the fire pit now gleefully throwing their clothes on the fire if it were not for the fact that my parents live two blocks north and my brother lives one block east so for certain one of them would call the ambulance to pick up a psyche patient.

Sigh....I swear with God as my witness that if Dh pulls one more "I have a meeting tomorrow, is my favorite white shirt ready?" pronouncements at bedtime ever again, I will lose it and the next boy that decides to horde wet towels in his room, is going to face the alien that exploded from Sigourney Weaver's chest in that space movie. The males in this house are living with Leviathan!

If I end up off the boards for months, you'll know where to find me...at some hospital in Michigan staring at the walls, drooling, totally catatonic, with Dh telling the psychiatrist that one minute I was fine and the next minute certifiably insane over the laundry.

I wonder if dd can sneak some Adivan from the ambulance drug box for me????? Better not ask, she's got that snarky medical license thingy that authorizes her to haul me to the ER in restraints.

Faith

:D er sorry I meant. :angry:

I understand completely. We always have piles. I've concluded that we have an evil laundry fairy. She lives in the basement and comes out at night to makes the piles bigger. :D

In many of the newer houses we look at, the laundry "room" is one small closet in a hallway, just big enough for a washer and dryer. I don't understand this.... where does one put piles of dirty laundry, or baskets full of clean laundry, in such an arrangement? Perhaps all those perfect families who live in those homes only have two loads per week that fit neatly in a hamper... As for us? We'd lose the hallway and any rooms beyond that point...

I am the laundry dictator-

Everyone has a day of the week. The house has a day. Dh & I share a day.

Three empty laundry baskets sit outside your bedroom door starting around 8am; one for your sheets, one for your lights & one for your darks.

When a basket is filled (generally sheets first) and you are over the age of 10 you will put it in the washing machine.

After the first load is started, I make sure the loads get swapped.

Clean laundry is placed back in the laundry baskets by your door.

Baskets must be empty before you go to bed at night. Folding clothes is optional, putting clothes away is not.

If you choose not to do your laundry on your day, too bad for you. If your favorite shirt is dirty, wear something else. I will not go on a sock & underwear safari.

Just last week, late in the evening, Dh said to me;

"I don't have any clean underwear."

To which I replied;

"That is weird. You are a 40 year old man who can read the instructions on the washer."

Amber in SJ

Edited by Amber in SJ