Menu

Angelina Jolie today

She visited a refugee camp in Jordan and was obviously deeply moved. She has give money before and is donating again which is the least most of us can do right now....

Well, that's great that she cares. So many do not and spend all their money on themselves. Gotta give her respect for doing something with her money other than buying another mansion.

Her and Brad Pitt both do so much for different humanitarian causes, they really are an inspiration. I don't know why they get so much crap. Honestly, if I had visited the places she's been to and had seen that many starving and dying children and babies, I'd probably have quite a few adopted kids, too. It has to be impossibly hard to see kids in that condition and just walk away.

She used to be such a trainwreck on so many levels, but it seems that helping children in need has given her some grounding and a new, positive focus.

Her and Brad Pitt both do so much for different humanitarian causes, they really are an inspiration. I don't know why they get so much crap. Honestly, if I had visited the places she's been to and had seen that many starving and dying children and babies, I'd probably have quite a few adopted kids, too. It has to be impossibly hard to see kids in that condition and just walk away.

:iagree: I always liked her, even when she was a train wreck (which she certainly was), and I'm glad to see how she's developed over the years.

Gotta give her respect for doing something with her money other than buying another mansion.

You could fit 5 regular size mansions into the 1 mansion she owns in France - I really don't think she needs another one :lol:

With all her money she could be doing a lot more for international aid then just being "the face".

Meh I'm not really a fan - can you tell :tongue_smilie:

Considering she donates 1/3 of her income to charities and such, I'd say she does more than most in her position.

I've always liked her, and admired her after she "grew up". She managed to pull through some issues and become an amazing woman who does a lot of good.

Edited by LunaLee

You could fit 5 regular size mansions into the 1 mansion she owns in France - I really don't think she needs another one :lol:

With all her money she could be doing a lot more for international aid then just being "the face".

Maybe. But it IS her money and she can spend it as she likes. I think it's great she's using money to help charitable causes.

I'm not really a huge fan, either, but I always find it interesting when people judge how someone who's wealthy spends their money. Just because she has a lot of it doesn't obligate her to spread it around. It's fantastic that she does, and I respect anyone who generously shares their wealth. But I don't see it as an obligation by the rich to do so.

Anyway, not trying to debate anything. I'm probably sounding snarky, but I don't mean to. I had to deal with two 22 year old big babies today and my patience is G.O.N.E! :banghead:

Maybe. But it IS her money and she can spend it as she likes. I think it's great she's using money to help charitable causes.

I'm not really a huge fan, either, but I always find it interesting when people judge how someone who's wealthy spends their money. Just because she has a lot of it doesn't obligate her to spread it around. It's fantastic that she does, and I respect anyone who generously shares their wealth. But I don't see it as an obligation by the rich to do so.

Anyway, not trying to debate anything. I'm probably sounding snarky, but I don't mean to. I had to deal with two 22 year old big babies today and my patience is G.O.N.E! :banghead:

:iagree:

But she's not just the face. She actually goes in and works from my understanding of it. She's doing more that seeing something on TV and going, 'oh that's horrid'. She's actually visiting and giving money and time and trying to raise awareness of the problems.

I'm not a fan of her movies and such but she does more than talk the talk in this case. I'm not as familiar with her hands on work as I am Ashely Judd's but they do more than throw money and lip service.

But she's not just the face. She actually goes in and works from my understanding of it. She's doing more that seeing something on TV and going, 'oh that's horrid'. She's actually visiting and giving money and time and trying to raise awareness of the problems.

I'm not a fan of her movies and such but she does more than talk the talk in this case. I'm not as familiar with her hands on work as I am Ashely Judd's but they do more than throw money and lip service.

:iagree: