Menu

WDYT of this product?

I know I've joked about a product that would allow babies to self-feed at night in their crib (kind of like a water bottle on a hampster cage) but my words/thoughts were never serious! Has our society come to the point that this is the new norm? http://www.ebay.com/itm/D-Baby-Baby-Bottle-Holder-Hands-free-device-Mom-/261072983227?_trksid=p5197.m1997&_trkparms=aid%3D333005%26algo%3DRIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D15%26meid%3D1938381186294018775%26pid%3D100016%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D6%26

Is this the next greatest invention ever that should be on every registry? A handy tool to have just in case? Or a product that should never have come into being?

Ummm...

First off, the mom in the pic IS holding and cuddling her baby. Physically holding the bottle isn't a requirement.

As a Mom who IS disabled, and basically 1 armed, this would have been helpful. Sure beats either propping it w/my chin, or being in tears from pain after holding a bottle.

And to add, Boo is 10 mths old, and has NEVER had a bottle propped for him.

I mean, that's what this is. A bottle prop. If it's used as in the pic, w/mom cuddling the baby while it's in use, I honestly don't see where the alarm is coming from.

Propping a bottle, regardless of how it's done, be it a towel or this tool, and wandering away, is dangerous, period.

Anything is, if used incorrectly.

But again, physically holding the bottle isn't what matters. Holding, cuddling, paying attention to your baby is.

And to add, Boo is 10 mths old, and has NEVER had a bottle propped for him.

I mean, that's what this is. A bottle prop. If it's used as in the pic, w/mom cuddling the baby while it's in use, I honestly don't see where the alarm is coming from.

Propping a bottle, regardless of how it's done, be it a towel or this tool, and wandering away, is dangerous, period.

Anything is, if used incorrectly.

But again, physically holding the bottle isn't what matters. Holding, cuddling, paying attention to your baby is.

I agree with you, Imp.