Menu

DIY table made from sets of drawers and......?

I saw somewhere, maybe on Pinterest a diy table that would be good for a hs room or general crafting. I believe it was made from a door laid flat (???-not sure about this) and cheap sets of drawers from somewhere like Walmart. The whole thing cost under $50. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and can give me a link?:001_smile:

Thank you.

Thank you all for the new ideas on how to do this. None of them are quite it, but now I've got something to go on.

Jkwynn--that was closest to what I remember and the price is about the same.

Heading over to Pinterest......wait a minute, do I have a couple of hours free right now?:tongue_smilie:

Found it! This is bigger than I want, but it looks cheap and easy. I can just do half of it. I asked dh to get the door and now he says he can make the whole thing. Ut oh. I'm guessing it won't end up being cheaper, may not be just what I want (and will turn out being a surprise) and I will have it by????

Can you tell I've had this experience before? Can't we just go with the hollow core door and shelves from Walmart? Please?

See link. Pretty table.

http://theivycottageblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/diy-large-work-table.html

I liked this one...(until I saw your post:D)

http://www.anythingpretty.com/2009/08/how-to-craft-desk.html

Ooooh. I like that too. I do like the closet maid shelves better, but that would come to $100 vs. $30 for the cheap ones at Walmart (which ds says would be no good--seriously? my 12 yo critic).

I'm thinking maybe the mdf board for the top (then we can get the size I want) and the shelves from Walmart.

I made a craft table like this a few years ago. For the ends we used cabinets with doors that we found in the closet organizer section at Target. My only bit of advice is to be sure about the height of whatever you choose as your ends (plus the thickness of the door of course). Our table ended up being just a little too tall to be comfortable with a regular chair, and just a little too short to be comfortable with a counter stool. Annoying, and as a result we didn't use it as much. HTH.

:001_smile:

I made a craft table like this a few years ago. For the ends we used cabinets with doors that we found in the closet organizer section at Target. My only bit of advice is to be sure about the height of whatever you choose as your ends (plus the thickness of the door of course). Our table ended up being just a little too tall to be comfortable with a regular chair, and just a little too short to be comfortable with a counter stool. Annoying, and as a result we didn't use it as much. HTH.

:001_smile:

Thank you for the advice. I wasn't putting too much attention to the height.:001_huh: