Menu

Linguistic Developement through Poetry?

campmom

Yes we started using it in the spring took a break over the summer and have been back with it for 3 weeks. I have a k, 1st and 4th. We like it. Does not take long. IEW's website has a list of the poems. You can always look for the poems online. We do listen to the cd my kids don't always like hearing mom! Mr Pudewa is the one reciting the poems.

I have used this for 6+ years and love it. It is a lovely collection of poems...some classics as well as some that were new to us. It is very, very easy to implement, which frankly means it gets done consistently (and isn't that the best test?) We do it at lunch every day.

My oldest two have completed the entire program, and have a great collection of poetry memorized. We all enjoy it immensely.

I can say honestly that I think it is among my all-time favorite curriculum purchases.

We use it every day. But I didn't get the CD. We have our poetry right after lunch with tea and a treat and recite our poems. I didn't care for the selections, but the boys love them.

But you could do it without the book, just pick your own poems. It was good for me to read through the book, however. I have a tendency to pick poems that I like, and not always ones that the boys can get into.