Menu

G-d is truly good! Just had to share

I an just in awe right now :D

I spent this afternoon boxing up books to mail out to the Book Samaritan tomorrow, and sorting out things to donate to charity / thrift shops. While doing so I was wondering what I could get for my daughter for her upcoming birthday in a week, as finances are still tight and I haven't found anything in my thrift shop runs.

This evening, the doorbell rings. The neighbor from next door would like to give something to my daughter, if I'll allow it. Turned out she and her son upgraded her granddaughter from her little girl room to a teen room {she is turning 10} and she thought my daughter might like it. So she gave it to us....free. It's the exact bedroom set my daughter picked out from the Rooms to Go Kids catalog. Bookcase that looks like a dollhouse, pink and white vanity with a stool, all the bedding, two rugs, and even the full size bed with the frame. She probably will bring the matching little table and chairs over in a few days, but she is still deciding if she wants to get rid of those as well or not.

I'm just in awe. G-d is good and he provides!

ETA: I forgot to mention, all this is like new. They only have custody of the granddaughter one weekend a month, so it was rarely used.

Edited by frugalmama