Menu

If you use CLE for LA and math

faiths13

I use WTM suggestions mostly.

This year I am using Pandia Press History Odyssey and Elemental Science Physics. Both of these programs are WTM based....but scheduled out for me.

I am far to burnt out to schedule on my own this year. Last year I used Sonlight for Bible, History and science.

So, basically....you can use whatever you want....:D

I use CLE Math for both kids and CLE LA and reading for DD6. For DS10 I use LLATL, but he's a different sort of kid and CLE/Rod and Staff type programs bring misery to our home where he is concerned. In the past, we have used CLE Science and Social Studies at the 100-200 level but after that it just didn't fit with what I wanted for my kids.

For history, we have always used SOTW for both and this year we are adding in the Story of Western Civilization where it lines up with SOTW for DS10. For science, we have put together programs ala WTM and purchased programs (RS4K, YSC, and Living Learning Books) depending on the year. I've also considered BFSU, Apologia, and Elemental Science.

I use CLE for math for both of my kids and I had been using the LA with my dd. We use SL for history, science, literature. I think a literature-based program really balances things out.

Lisa

i didnt know SL was lit based. i will have to look at it again

We use CLE for LA, not math.

We use Apologia for science and Mystery of History for History.

Last year we used CLE science and social studies for 4th grade. I didn't care for the science but I did like the social studies. It was very thorough. We didn't stick with it because I didn't want to do text books for history.

• 1 month later...

We are doing a BIG switch this year. We just started CLE Math and LA and I'm going to order ACE for science and history ('social studies') in a couple of weeks. We had a wipe last year on content-based subjects again, and I need something independent for these subjects for my oldest (she wants them badly) or they won't get done with new baby coming soon and working from home etc. We still read aloud together, but I don't want the pressure of making knowledge-based studies fly around here or it just won't happen :).

We use CLE math for 2 children. Well CLE K for our 5yo. We don't use their LA.

We use SL for history and science, though I'm probably going to do a round of Apologize science next year with a group for my 4th and 5th graders. We love it, and I plan to use it for the long haul, as long as it is working well for us.