Menu

AMAZING Omnibus Bundle!!

nov05mama

(sale ended -removed link)

Check out all that comes in the bundle for just $25! WOW!!!!

What eBooks will I receive?

Truth in the Tinsel : written by Amanda White from Impress Your Kids

Pursuit of Proverbs 31 : written by Amy Bayliss from Cajun Joie de Vivre

Road Trip USA Geography & History Curriculum : written by Erica from Confessions of a Homeschooler

Expedition Earth: A Journey Through God’s World : written by Erica from Confessions of a Homeschooler

Boyschooling: The Fine Art of Homeschooling Boys : written by Jamerrill Stewart from Holy Spirit-Led Homeschooling

Notebooking Success : written by Jimmie Lanley from Notebooking Fairy

Essay Tune Up : written by Jimmie Lanley from Jimmie’s Collage

Designing Your Language Arts Curriculum : written by Jimmie Lanley from Jimmie’s Collage

Weekly Homeschool Planner : written by Jolanthe Erb from Homeschool Creations

Simply Homeschool: Having Less Clutter and More Joy in Your Homeschool : written by Karen DeBeus from Simply Living…for Him

How to Have Your Cake and Eat It : written by Mandi Ehman from Life, Your Way

Back to HomeSchool : written by Misty Krasawski from Encouraging Beautiful Motherhood

31 Days to a Better Spouse : written by Ashley Pichea from Ashley Pichea.com

What Your Child Needs to Know When : written by Robin Sampson from Heart of Wisdom

Plan It, Don’t Panic : written by Stephanie Langford from Keeper of the Home

Advanced Penny Pinching : written by Tabitha Philen from Meet Penny

So, You Think You Wanna Homeschool? : written by Tiffany Manley from Sweet Phenomena

Mindset for Moms : written by Jamie Martin from Steady Mom

The Classic Housewife’s ABC’s of Eclectic Homeschool : written by Amber Oliver from Classic Housewife

Homeschooling with Purpose : written by Amy Roberts from Raising Arrows

Organize Your Homeschool : written by Bethany LeBedz from Bethany LeBedz.com

Homeschool Your Preschooler on $1 a Day : written by Cheryl Moeller from Mom Laughs

Aunt Sarah’s Alaskan Cookbook with curriculm : written by Cheryl Moeller from Mom Laughs

NaturExplorer: A Fungus Among Us : written by Cindy West from Our Journey Westward

ABCs of Encouragement : written by Dawn Perkins from The Momma Knows

Classic Literature Unit Study Mega Pack : written by Erica from Confessions of a Homeschooler

51 Frugal Father-Daughter Dates : written by Ashley Pichea from Ashley Pichea.com

Help for Heart of the Homeschool Mom : written by Jamerrill Stewart from Holy Spirit-Led Homeschooling

Planner Perfect eBook : written by Jenny Penton from Planner Perfect

Circle Time: Plan the Best Part of Your Day : written by Kendra Fletcher from Preschoolers and Peace

Nurturing Creativity : written by Renee Tougas from FIMBY

Princess Training for the King’s Glory : written by Richelle McFarlin from Under the Golden Apple Tree

Cut Your Homeschool Day in Half : written by Tamara Chilver from Teaching With TLC

321 Stop: Stop Running and Start Living : written by Lorilee Lippincott from Loving Simple Living

Girl Power, God’s Way: Living Out Biblical Womanhood : written by Angela Parsley from Refresh My Soul Ministries

Managing Multiple Ages in the Homeschool : written by Christine Field

Preplan for Your Best Homeschool Year Ever : written by Bethany LeBedz from Bethany LeBedz.com

Blogger Behave : written by Laura Booz from 10 Million Miles

K4 Curriculum : written by Erica from Confessions of a Homeschooler

Letter of the Week : written by Erica from Confessions of a Homeschooler

Lexi’s Homeschool Diary (a novel) : written by Cheryl and MacKenzie Moeller from Mom Laughs

Baby Saves Christmas (a novel) with curriculum : written by Cheryl Moeller from Mom Laughs

Counting and Numbers Notebooking Pages : written by Melissa Telling from Lilliput Station

Geometry Notebooking Pages : written by Melissa Telling from Lilliput Station

Honoring the Rhythm of Rest : written by Daniele Evans from Domestic Serenity

Copywork for McGuffeys Eclectic Primer : written by Amy Maze from Living and Learning at Home

File Folder Games : written by Lauren Hill from Mama’s Learning Corner

Training Your Children in Home Economics : written by Angie Kauffman from Many Little Blessings

Bedtime Learning Book : written by Richelle McFarlin from Under the Golden Apple Tree

The Ugly Duckling : written by Richelle McFarlin from Under the Golden Apple Tree

Hands-On Learning: Cross-Curricular Projects to Make Learning Come Alive! : written by Kris Bales from Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers

Homeschool Road Map : written by Alyse Scicluna Lehrke from Write Foundations

Unplug Your Mind and Recharge Your Soul : written by Karen DeBeus from Simply Living…for Him

Edited by nov05mama

I saw this on several of the blogs in my reader this morning. What parts of it are "can't miss"? I haven't heard of most of them. And while that many ebooks for $25 certainly looks awesome, I don't know enough about what's being offered to get excited. Sell me!

Would any of this work for homeschooling an 8th grader, or is it mostly directed at younger children? I really have no idea. LOL I'm just wondering if this would be a good purchase for me or not. I don't want to buy it and then only be able to use one or two books.

Hmm...I think *MOST* of it really is geared toward younger ages. The Expedition Earth and Road Trip USA eBooks might be useful, but are really an elementary item. A HUGE chunk of the bundle is the K4 and LOTW curriculum from Confessions of a Homeschooler. There are some other great eBook things like Truth in the Tinsel and general homeschool helpers. My son is still young enough where most of it can be used, but I am not sure if I had only an 8th grader that I would buy it! Just to be honest!

I put the full list of what's include in the quote. There's the Weekly Planner from Homeschool Creations too, which is really awesome!

I saw this on several of the blogs in my reader this morning. What parts of it are "can't miss"? I haven't heard of most of them. And while that many ebooks for $25 certainly looks awesome, I don't know enough about what's being offered to get excited. Sell me!

All of the Confessionsofahomeschooler curriculum is amazing and valued at $71. I own all of it except the literature units, which I plan on buying this bundle for.

The NaturExplorer unit is great!

I've heard great things about Truth in the Tinsel, Weekly Homeschool Planner and Notebooking Success and look forward to checking them all out!

I already have Expedition Earth and Roadtrip USA. I wonder if the remaining downloads are worth it for 2nd and 4th graders?

I already had it too, but didn't have Road Trip USA. I also REALLY wanted to get the Classical Books collection she has on there. The K4 curric and stuff don't help me, but it's worth it, to me, for the other items I wanted! Truth in the Tinsel is really cute too, for those who do Christmas! It was really popular last year!

I just saw this posted elsewhere too...in case anyone has any issues downloading, you can find the FAQ here: http://www.ihomeschoolnetwork.com/omnibus-technical-faq/

Their FAQ is surprisingly unhelpful. :glare: The slow download speed certainly doesn't "depend on the ISP's available download speed." When I download from any other website, I can download around 1000 kb per second. Downloading the omnibus, I'm getting 2 kbps. It's taking hours to do each file, and when they finally do finish, they aren't working correctly because when you're downloading for hours, the odds of the internet blipping are extremely high. *sigh* At least I got a good chunk of them done last night, before everyone and their cousin started downloading.

Their FAQ is surprisingly unhelpful. :glare: The slow download speed certainly doesn't "depend on the ISP's available download speed." When I download from any other website, I can download around 1000 kb per second. Downloading the omnibus, I'm getting 2 kbps. It's taking hours to do each file, and when they finally do finish, they aren't working correctly because when you're downloading for hours, the odds of the internet blipping are extremely high. *sigh* At least I got a good chunk of them done last night, before everyone and their cousin started downloading.

Yeah :( I think it's b/c SO many people are downloading. I did it LATE last night and it wasn't bad at all. Some of the files (like the K4 Curric and the LOTW one) are really big and take a while, and others are super quick. Even last night, one or two of them showed it would take an hour, but they quickly dropped. I think the longest one took maybe 15-20 minutes!

I'm glad I'm not the only one having problems. I thought I was doing something wrong when none of them would properly download. Then one worked. Then none worked again. I have only one working file, out of a dozen attempts. At least the download time is currently under an hour. Earlier I was getting estimates of up to 6 hours!

I ordered this this am and I have spent ALL day loading files. The 3rd one, #12, is invalid and I'm now on the 4th one.

I have never had this problem downloading any files before.

I would email them at info@ihomeschoolnetwork.com and tell them you had issues with it. I think the sheer volume of downloads is making it a painful process for some.

UGH!!! I was trying to download the first zip - it said it would take 14 hours! It started to download then timed out. If this doesn't work, I hop I can get my money back!!! Any advice?

You still have time! The downloads should be valid for like 2 weeks I believe. There's HUNDREDS (if not thousands?) of people who have been downloading this (I've seen posts *everywhere*) so it's bound to be slow right now. Some of the files are HUGE!

Here's what is in each zip file...hopefully this will help, if you want to try downloading in a specific order...all of the Confessions of a Homeschooler stuff is the largest I think....

1 - Road Trip USA

2 - LOTW Lessons

3 - Classic Literature Pack

4 - Homeschool Road Map, Pursuit of Proverbs 31, Copywork for McGuffeys Eclectic Primer, Homeschooling with Purpose, 31 Days to Build a Better Spouse, Organize Your Homeschool, Designing Your Language Arts Curriculum, Info Overload, Blogger Behave, How to Have Your Cake and Eat It too

5 - Help for the Heart of the Homeschool Mom

6 - Training Children Home Ec, ABC's of Encouragement, Planner Perfect Book, Simply Homeschool, Hands on Learning, 321 Stop, Back to Homeschool, Advanced Penny Pinching, Cut Your Homeschool Day in Half

7 - Expedition Earth

8 - File Folder Games

9 - Frugal Father-Daughter, Baby Saves Christmas, Lexi's Homeschool Diary, Circle Time, Bedtime Learning Book

10 - Ugly Duckling Little Apples, Plan It Don't Panic

11 - Truth in the Tinsel, ABC's of Eclectic Homeschool, A Fungus Among Us, Counting & Numbers, Ugly Duckling Little Apples

12 - Homeschool Your Preschooler on $1, Honoring Rhythm of Rest, So You Think You Want to Homeschool

13 - Girl Power Gods Way, PrePlan Your Best Homeschool Year, Alaska Cookbook, Managing Multi Ages, Boyschooling, Mindset for Moms, Essay Tune-Up, Weekly Homeschool Planner, Counting & Numbers, Geometry Notebook Pages, Nurturing Creativity, Princess Training, What Your Child Needs to Know

14 - Notebooking Sucess

15* - K4 pt 1

16* - K4 pt 2

17* - K4 pt 3

18* - Letter A-C

19* - Letter D-F

20* - Letter G-I

21* - Letter J-L

22* - Letter M-O

23* - Letter P-R

24* - Letter S-U

25* - Letter V-X

26* - Letter Y-Z

Here's what is in each zip file...hopefully this will help, if you want to try downloading in a specific order...all of the Confessions of a Homeschooler stuff is the largest I think....

1 - Road Trip USA

2 - LOTW Lessons

3 - Classic Literature Pack

4 - Homeschool Road Map, Pursuit of Proverbs 31, Copywork for McGuffeys Eclectic Primer, Homeschooling with Purpose, 31 Days to Build a Better Spouse, Organize Your Homeschool, Designing Your Language Arts Curriculum, Info Overload, Blogger Behave, How to Have Your Cake and Eat It too

5 - Help for the Heart of the Homeschool Mom

6 - Training Children Home Ec, ABC's of Encouragement, Planner Perfect Book, Simply Homeschool, Hands on Learning, 321 Stop, Back to Homeschool, Advanced Penny Pinching, Cut Your Homeschool Day in Half

7 - Expedition Earth

8 - File Folder Games

9 - Frugal Father-Daughter, Baby Saves Christmas, Lexi's Homeschool Diary, Circle Time, Bedtime Learning Book

10 - Ugly Duckling Little Apples, Plan It Don't Panic

11 - Truth in the Tinsel, ABC's of Eclectic Homeschool, A Fungus Among Us, Counting & Numbers, Ugly Duckling Little Apples

12 - Homeschool Your Preschooler on $1, Honoring Rhythm of Rest, So You Think You Want to Homeschool

13 - Girl Power Gods Way, PrePlan Your Best Homeschool Year, Alaska Cookbook, Managing Multi Ages, Boyschooling, Mindset for Moms, Essay Tune-Up, Weekly Homeschool Planner, Counting & Numbers, Geometry Notebook Pages, Nurturing Creativity, Princess Training, What Your Child Needs to Know

14 - Notebooking Sucess

15* - K4 pt 1

16* - K4 pt 2

17* - K4 pt 3

18* - Letter A-C

19* - Letter D-F

20* - Letter G-I

21* - Letter J-L

22* - Letter M-O

23* - Letter P-R

24* - Letter S-U

25* - Letter V-X

26* - Letter Y-Z

YOU, I LOVE!!! lol Now I can just start downloading what I want!

Why do I want this, even though I don't have an ereader? BTW, Mandi Ehman, author of "How to Have your Cake and Eat it too," is a personal friend of mine. :) I feel like I know someone famous. :)

You can read them on your computer using Adobe Reader...although I will admit that I much prefer them on my iPad.

Ok, so kind of a dumb question, but how do you get the books onto your e-reader? I have both a kindle and an ipad, and I have no idea how to do it, and I would LOVE to read them that way!!

I found this...http://www.ehow.com/how_7410809_pdf-files-kindle.html not sure if it helps or not!

For the iPad, you could probably find a PDF viewer app. I have a PDF Viewer app on my Android phone that works great! I am sure iPad has something similar.

So, I emailed the company last night - they said no problem. They will re -issue everything if time runs out, etc.

Thanks all.

That's awesome news!!! I posted the list of what is in each file earlier too, so you can see which ones you know you will want to open first and download those and then do some of the slower ones later! I am so glad they are helpful though!

Why do I want this, even though I don't have an ereader? BTW, Mandi Ehman, author of "How to Have your Cake and Eat it too," is a personal friend of mine. :) I feel like I know someone famous. :)

How cool is that?! I personally am loving the Classics Pack from Confessions of a Homeschooler. The K4 stuff and the LOTW stuff doesn't help me, but the Classics pack and the Road Trip USA made it worth it for me. I probably could have gotten them cheaper separately, but this deal was too good to pass up since it included SO much more!

I should not have checked in here - looks like a nice collection. Going to debate if it's an essential or would like to have. The Confessions of a Homeschooler items have been on my maybe list for a while. There are lots of extra that I wouldn't usually even consider, so I have to calculate if the savings on the items of interest is enough to jump now or not. (yeah, I'm totally trying to talk myself out of this, aren't I...ha.)

So do they send you an email with links to the PDF files? Will I be able to download them into my iPad? I hate buying ebooks and files because I can never figure out if I'll be able to get them onto my iPad!! :confused: If I can't download them onto the iPad, can I forward the email with the files to my dh for him to download onto his computer? Is that ok? I don't want them to think I'm giving the files away!

So do they send you an email with links to the PDF files? Will I be able to download them into my iPad? I hate buying ebooks and files because I can never figure out if I'll be able to get them onto my iPad!! :confused: If I can't download them onto the iPad, can I forward the email with the files to my dh for him to download onto his computer? Is that ok? I don't want them to think I'm giving the files away!

They send you to a download page where the files are. You *should* be able to download them to a PDF Viewer on your iPad, but if not, it's perfectly OK for your DH to download them. You aren't giving the files away in that case...that would be if you were file sharing with someone else who didn't purchase them...in this case, it's your DH...doesn't count as file sharing in that respect :P HTH!

Some of my files are invalid. Has this happened with anyone else? I emailed them but they never acknowledged that part of the email.

I'd email them again then! I heard that some of the downloads would end up invalid if the downloading was interrupted at all. You can try downloading it again and see if it resolves, but I think you only get 5 chances to download, so I'd probably still email them just in case!

I'd email them again then! I heard that some of the downloads would end up invalid if the downloading was interrupted at all. You can try downloading it again and see if it resolves, but I think you only get 5 chances to download, so I'd probably still email them just in case!

They just said on their facebook page that it's actually nine tries, not five like they'd initially said.

Okay, really, here I am again, 4th attempt to download file 1, yep - 14 hours, still.

This is crazy. I think I will have to ask for my money back. I can't download what I would like without it timing out. I wish it would have worked out. Anyone else having this much trouble?

We're having that much trouble! Our internet is spotty here, and it won't go long enough to get these huge files. I've downloaded a few successfully, but I kind of wish I hadn't made the purchase since its going to be forever until I can get them all.

I don't think y'all are the only ones having trouble! I got this in my email late yesterday...

Dear Omnibus Purchaser,

We want to thank you for your purchase and for your patience. We are sincerely sorry for all the trouble that is being experienced with the downloading process and the files. We know many of you have become frustrated over the length of the download process. It was our intention to be a blessing to our readers and the homeschool community.

Many of the files are quite large. We are sure that you can understand how when a very large number of people are downloading the same files at the same time, the download times are slow. However, we are working really hard to remedy the situation.

We are currently re-uploading all the files as individual products to new servers.

We assure you that the eBook files have been and still are 100% fine and have been completely tested, but sometimes there are glitches when the download time is long.

If you have NOT been able to download all of the eBooks, please enter your information into this very brief form and we will send you brand new download links as soon as possible: http://bit.ly/QuJ38s. It may take a couple of days for us to change the file structure and to process all the requests.

The number of attempts and the expiration date have been increased.

**Some tips:

Use a software such as WinZip or the Windows Compressed Folders Extraction Wizard to unzip the pdfs. Mac users should read this link: http://bit.ly/t7wlMl for tips on the unzip process. If you are using a PC, we recommend Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Internet Explorer is not a very reliable browser.

**Other notes about corrupt files:

Unfortunately sometimes when it appears a file has downloaded correctly, it may not have. When the download is very slow (and they are really slow due to the number of people who purchased the bundle) your Internet Service Provider and/or our servers that host the files and provides the bandwidth may briefly time out, disconnect, and then reconnect. If this happens for even a few seconds, it will go unnoticed and it will cause the file to become corrupted.

Your graciousness and understanding is much appreciated.

Jimmie and Amy

iHomeschool Network, LLC

I am having VERY slow download times. Most of the time I can get the file, but it is taking at least 4 hours and often longer than that for each file. I think the main issue is who they have as a host for the files. I was able to download another file from someone else that is similar in size in under a minute so I know it isn't on my end. I know they are trying to make it better with the smaller file sizes, but it is still going to take a really long time since the download speeds set by the host company are so slow. I know they have lots of people downloading at the same time, but I have bought many digital downloads on sale days from other companies with lots of people downloading at the same time. They have been slow, but never this slow.

Janet

ETA - I have been happy with the ebooks once I have gotten them downloaded to my computer.

Edited by jg_puppy

They seem to be working really hard to get this fixed. I haven't been able to download any of Erica's files yet, but I'm sure, one way or another, all the files will be downloadable very soon.

I keep reminding myself about that patience being a virtue thing...:tongue_smilie: