Menu

Disneyland in Sept?

Anyone know what crowds are like in Disneyland in Anaheim in Sept? We are thinking of going the first week of Sept (i.e., the days after the Labor Day holiday). DH though has off the first 3 weeks of Sept so we could go anywhere in there. I know it will be hot (we live in So Cal) but what about crowds? Still awful or livable as most schools are back in?

I'm looking at touringplans.com which gives an estimated crowd for each date of the year. The best days for Sept are the 4th, 5th, 6th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 17th, 18th, 19th, and 20th. Pretty much if you avoid the weekends, you should be golden.

We are going at the end of September and when we booked our hotel, they told us September is a really good month to come to the park. Any months that they run good military discounts tend to be good months to go.

When they run the military discounts, I think that they are trying to make up for low attendance. We got an amazing military discount at the Disneyland Hotel, and they have a military ticket special that was recently extended through September.

Thanks so much for the info. Yes, we are doing middle of the week, not the weekend. We are so excited. We have had passes before and done an odd Sunday, drive up at dawn and home late night, but we don't usually do the hotel thing and do it up like we are this year. I'm super excited, probably as much as the kids. I love DL.

I took two of my kids for one day last September when we were in LA. There were NO crowds. We rode Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain over and over and over. My ds had to wait in line for the Indiana Jones ride for about 10 minutes. I swear that was the longest wait we had the entire time we were there.

You know - actually, we did decide to skip Small World because the line was 25 minutes.

Have fun!

I think the best days to go are Mid week....Tuesdays and Wednesdays. September is good. So is January and February. I love going during slow times of the year! Enjoy!

Oh, and if you have young Kids who will not be going on a ride, you can swap out with your husband....just tell the ride operator that one adult has to stay with young child/stroller, and they will let the other adult get on the next time, without standing in line. I hope that made sense....I'm seriously sleep deprived right now :tongue_smilie:

If it's anything like Disney World in Orlando, the week after Labor Day is an AWESOME time to visit!!!

We did this twice in Orlando and never had a line; we could just get off a ride and right back on it if we liked.

Typically, kids are just getting back to school so parents don't want to take them out so soon.

• 4 weeks later...

So fun, I just went there with my family last May and we had a blast. The weather was humid but still we had fun. Disneyland is such a nice place. My husband was able to get some discounted disneyland passes, so we were able to save a couple of bucks. All of us had fun, an experience to remember. :)